AEG Lavamat 72620, noise on spin cycle - bearings or suspension?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before I take apart my AEG oko_Lavamat, I'm wondering if there is a (fairly) reliable way to know whether it will need a bearing replaced or some other work with the counterweight.

I've not opened it up yet so not sure what I'll find, but as they say "forewarned stops you buying the wrong replacement parts" - I think that's the saying anyway...

The machine has recently (last couple of weeks) developed a banging/rattling on the spin cycle. Here's a video of the machine in action

Pretty much faultless use for the 15 years I've had it, so would be nice to keep it going

Thanks in advance.

Also found some bearing replacement instructions for a similar model, should anyone else come across this thread in future

http://www.eveshamsquash.co.uk/appliances/aeg_bearing.html

Sponsored Links
Open the door, and grasp the lips of the drum where it meets the door seal. keep your hands at 6 and 12 o'clock. Try and rock the drum up and down, feeling for any play (as against the normal floatation of the drum.)
You could also try spinning the drum - you should only hear a light whirring sound.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back