Afghanistan

I believe it's to do with protecting the opium growers, we can't have our supplies drying up, there are too many infulential drug barons in this country to allow that to happen, to much money to be lost.

Wotan

I can't understand why opiate drugs found by drug officers in this country are destroyed. Surely it would be much better to hand these over to the pharmaceutical industry to process into morphine, etc? They get free opiates (instead of paying for them) (BTW did you know that opium poppies are grown in this country legally for the pharmaceutical industry)

ANyway, back to the original question,,, I believe it's high time our troops were pulled from Afghanistan. Countless other countries throughout history, have tried and failed in that miserable country.
Bring our lads and lasses back home (the sooner , the better)

Sponsored Links
opiates are synthesised. but as said it is perfectly legal to grow opium poppies, but it is a criminal offense to harvest them.

nuke it simples

The value of one nuclear missile is roughly eight times the value of Afghanistan.... We'd be paying millions to rearrange a pile of rocks. To make things worse, I suspect that just like cockroaches, Afghanis are immune to radiation and so will carry on regardless...

These are people you are talking about. People with families, lives and values. Maybe not the values you want to impose on them, but values which they feel strongly about.

You talk about value of a country (with millions of people in it); anyone with views like yours is most worthless thing I can ever imagine.

Sponsored Links
nuke it simples

The value of one nuclear missile is roughly eight times the value of Afghanistan.... We'd be paying millions to rearrange a pile of rocks. To make things worse, I suspect that just like cockroaches, Afghanis are immune to radiation and so will carry on regardless...

These are people you are talking about. People with families, lives and values. Maybe not the values you want to impose on them, but values which they feel strongly about.

You talk about value of a country (with millions of people in it); anyone with views like yours is most worthless thing I can ever imagine.

WHAT?! What are you talking about?!

Back to the cost issue though. as we are due to invest in a nice shiny new £20bn set of nukes, surely it would make sense to use the old ones on stupid countries like Af-gan, than let them go to scrap.

Back