Latest Wikileaks revelations an apology to Ellal.!!!!!

J

joinerjohn

The latest WikiLeak revelation about British soldiers in Helmand Province and what the US and Afghanistan governments thought about them.
Well where do I start. I suppose with a heartfelt apology to Ellal for my thoughts on secrecy in another thread. I'm glad that this revelation has come out.
What should happen now of course , is that the British Government should make immediate preparations, to pull our troops out as soon as is practicably possible. Not one more soldiers life should be put in danger. Now we know how our supposed allies feel about them. Leave the US to it. Cameron should call for the US government to immediately apologise. Pull out of Afghanistan within the week. Lets have our troops home for Christmas.

Sponsored Links
Somebody ought to tell the Americans and Afgans as diplomatically as possible that they are a shower of shyte and leave them at it.

Having said that, we have some way to go yet and we may have our rebuttal.

Sponsored Links
i read that article also - but i got a different meaning.

the americans have always worked differently (and pished a lot of people off in the process) they believe they can 'kick anyones A$$' a stupid arrogant approach in my opine :)

this bit caught my eye, this guy has no particular axe to grind, he's one of the ones who quit over equipment and medical support issues and wrote a book about the conflict.

Col Stuart Tootal, former commander of 3 Para, the first battle group sent to Helmand province, said the documents were not particularly relevant.

He said: "They reflected individual views, within an alliance, which were also about a period where there were challenges due to a lack of resources.

"We've now moved on significantly, we've now got 10,000 British troops, 30,000 Nato troops, and Nato has turned the corner.

"But I think you'll also find these are views of people who aren't actually fighting in Helmand themselves, and don't necessarily realise the challenges they face."

Well where do I start. I suppose with a heartfelt apology to Ellal for my thoughts on secrecy in another thread. I'm glad that this revelation has come out.
I'll take that at face value... :D

Just a shame it takes a particular area of interest to show that maybe disclosure might just be beneficial !

And this (amongst many documents) should show the 'special relationship' for what it is in reality - a load of b*llocks!

The sooner we cut loose from the good ole USA the better!

The latest WikiLeak revelation about British soldiers in Helmand Province and what the US and Afghanistan governments thought about them.
What should happen now of course , is that the British Government should make immediate preparations, to pull our troops out as soon as is practicably possible. Not one more soldiers life should be put in danger. Now we know how our supposed allies feel about them. Leave the US to it. Cameron should call for the US government to immediately apologise. Pull out of Afghanistan within the week. Lets have our troops home for Christmas.
For heavens sake, are you feeling well?? :D

You mean you've seen through the Imperialist agendas?? ;)

The yanks measure a successful operation by how many of their own or friendly forces they can shoot/bomb/kill/maim, and how many of the locals they can beat/rape/arrest and how much property that can be levelled to the ground.

The corrupt propped up Afghan government measures success by how much protection money they can squeeze from their townsfolk, and how much they can syphon off from the funds poured into the country by the west

So whilst on face value, we might think "What the deuce!" when reading the allegations, but then with a smile we can remember just what a shower those making the comparisons are and how poor their own standards by which they judge the UK forces.

I agree that the UK forces should be packing up and getting the next Hercules home.

It's a sad sight/sound seeing those RAF transport planes landing at Birmingham airport, and realising what the cargo is

The yanks measure a successful operation by how many of their own or friendly forces they can shoot/bomb/kill/maim, and how many of the locals they can beat/rape/arrest and how much property that can be levelled to the ground.

The corrupt propped up Afghan government measures success by how much protection money they can squeeze from their townsfolk, and how much they can syphon off from the funds poured into the country by the west

So whilst on face value, we might think "What the deuce!" when reading the allegations, but then with a smile we can remember just what a shower those making the comparisons are and how poor their own standards by which they judge the UK forces.

I agree that the UK forces should be packing up and getting the next Hercules home.

It's a sad sight/sound seeing those RAF transport planes landing at Birmingham airport, and realising what the cargo is
Just yesterday they killed 2 people who were just farmers, trying to make a living by working hard, and in another incident a marine killed a woman by 'mistake', Not to mention the countless women and children killed in the past and regularly by drone bombing.
And they say we are making the situation worse, TBH the natives liked british and especially the scotts untill the collaterall damage went sky high , thanks to the yanks.
We have made mistakes and killed innocent civvies but it is sometimes unavoidable , we don't make a habit of it tho. :rolleyes:

Of course they also try and hide their tracks too...

Linky
US cables released by the Wikileaks website suggest that Yemen allowed secret US air strikes against suspected al-Qaeda militants.

President Ali Abdullah Saleh claimed raids were conducted by Yemen's military when they were in fact carried out by the US, according to the cables....

The cables detail how Mr Saleh claimed responsibility for two US air strikes in December 2009, according to the Guardian .

A few days after the second attack on 24 December, Mr Saleh told the then head of US central command, General David Petraeus: "We'll continue saying the bombs are ours, not yours."

On 21 December, US ambassador Stephen Seche reported in a dispatch that "Yemen insisted it must 'maintain the status quo' regarding the official denial of US involvement."

And the award for the world's biggest terrorists goes to?........ ;)

Of course they also try and hide their tracks too...

Linky
US cables released by the Wikileaks website suggest that Yemen allowed secret US air strikes against suspected al-Qaeda militants.

President Ali Abdullah Saleh claimed raids were conducted by Yemen's military when they were in fact carried out by the US, according to the cables....

The cables detail how Mr Saleh claimed responsibility for two US air strikes in December 2009, according to the Guardian .

A few days after the second attack on 24 December, Mr Saleh told the then head of US central command, General David Petraeus: "We'll continue saying the bombs are ours, not yours."

On 21 December, US ambassador Stephen Seche reported in a dispatch that "Yemen insisted it must 'maintain the status quo' regarding the official denial of US involvement."

And the award for the world's biggest terrorists goes to?........ ;)
There will be a few candidates for that one,, but following on from above it never hurts to have puppets in high places ready to sh!!t on their own ;) .
I think I would like to have thread dedicated to all the collateral damage caused by these vermin :evil: .
It would put this useless and dangerous exercise into perspective, for us all.
Crimes against all of Humanity/and the Earth comes to mind, The amount of land mines and explosives they have used/planted will never be cleared in our lifetimes and our childrens, What is the big achievment behind all of this, thats what I'd like to know from them..........

Nope.

My view on your relentless wrong use of the word terrorism will always stand.

Your abuse is funny though........... :D

Nope.

My view on your relentless wrong use of the word terrorism will always stand.
And therein lies the problem you have...

Terrorism:
1. Governmental, Political & Diplomatic systematic use of violence and intimidation to achieve some goal
2. The act of terrorising
3. The state of being terrorised....
4. A method of government or of resisting government involving domination or coercion by various forms of intimidation.
5. The state of fear and terror so produced.

Whether it is 'non-combatant' or 'state' terrorism, the effect is the same...

So maybe it comes down to numbers, and the USA has a bigger head count than most!

Sponsored Links
Back