Air bricks for insulated cavity wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

We have a 1950 house which got several years ago cavity wall insulation. After a recent extension most of the ground floor has been filled with concrete flooring and underfloor heating, and the areas which still have wooden floorboards have each an air brick for ventilation.

After the extension the builder blocked the air bricks to the concreted area as they where not necessary anymore to his opinion, especially with the existing cavity wall insulation

The renderer now asked me why we don't have any ventilation for the cavity?

So I start to wonder if we need air bricks for the insulated cavity area or not?

Or should I put some drill weep vents in?

Thank you for your help in advance.
Greetings
Manfred

Sponsored Links
You can't ventilate a filled cavity, as there is no airflow. The whole point of the insulation is that it traps air, as that's what does the insulating.

Thank you, that's what I thought too. Was just getting unsure if it might need a bit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back