Air bricks from inside the house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

My house has high humidity levels and I’m thinking installing air bricks would help (I already have sub-floor air bricks but installing other air bricks higher in the wall might help).

I haven’t seen any photos of air bricks from higher up in the wall from inside the house. I’m guessing a vent is needed?

Apologies for the basic question

Sponsored Links
Think carefully as to whether this is the right solution. Whilst ventilation may be required, traditional airbricks are an old-fashioned solution to a different problem, and may not be appropriate - and may even cause cooler (humid) air to enter creating a different and bigger condensation problem.

Deal with the cause of the humidity locally - kitchen and bathroom extract, and if/where wet washing is dried.

Look at how heating is used - avoid bursts of heat instead of a more constant temperature

If room ventilation is needed, look at passive vents which are one-way and control air coming in and keep sound out. The location is also important - typically 300mm in from a corner, 1800mm up from the floor. But bear in mind that the room feeling humid may not be the best room to have any vent.

Or open a window on the night-vent position if they have that facility.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back