Air lock in heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there
i have the problem with my heating system upstair rad are heating up but not the downstairs. pump is working don't know how to get rid of the air lock.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Try turning off the upstairs rads to force the heating downstairs.

hi nev
thanks for the sugg i did tried all that but still nothing happening an other idea please its gravity fit system

is it a one pipe system too? you could trying draining and filling the system at the same time too see if it pulls through

Sponsored Links
thans it is two pipe system. i did try the system fill up twice i spoke to my teacher and he said my be some blockage in the g/f pipe work. and tried to push the water from the drain valve. so i am going to try this on weekend and will post the result......... cheers

thans it is two pipe system. i did try the system fill up twice i spoke to my teacher and he said my be some blockage in the g/f pipe work. and tried to push the water from the drain valve. so i am going to try this on weekend and will post the result......... cheers

Teacher?

Attach a hose pipe to a drain off and pump mains water through until it exits via the header tank..

If no drain point turn off a rad both ends, bleed it of air and water from a rad using bleed vent, remove bleed vent, replace with an iso valve + PTFE with a bit of copper pipe sticking out, attach hose to copper pipe and blast through this way (turn ra back on first). Always best with two of you - one to switch tap on and off and other to ensure hose stays in place.

The pump is probably dodgy and if you have cleared the airlock the non return valve may need to be replaced

Check the heating system, if any blockages in the inlet pipe, so the possibilities of air lock. Just open the faucet nearer to the water heating , so that the air will come out with that faucet, and the flow of water will be fine. Check the pipe lines for any blockages.

thanks guys i will try all this and will let you know what is the out come cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back