Air Lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just replaced the bathroom basin taps, now have no hot water, airlock, how do I clear it, tried the hand over the mixer tap from the main cold feed in the kitchen, opening the hot water taps, then the cold, they sputter but cant seem to clear it.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the tip I did that with no luck, any other ideas? should I have just the one hot water tap open? I have called a plumber, but wont be here till the morning.

bid727 said:
thanks for the tip I did that with no luck, any other ideas? should I have just the one hot water tap open? I have called a plumber, but wont be here till the morning.

Try again with the kitchen mixer tap.
1. Unscrew plastic/chrome fitting thats on the end of the mixer spout.
2.Close all other hot taps
3.Open hot tap on mixer and put hand firmly over spout.
4.Open cold tap on mixer and count to 30 (slowly). Keep that hand fimly pressed.Listen for air being pushed up into tank
5.Close cold tap release frozen hand and hey presto hot water should return.

Sponsored Links
thanks for all the advice none of that has worked, I now suspect the gate valve, because when I turned it off then turned it back on, it kept turning and never fully reaching the stop>plumber coming to change it in the morning!

bid727 said:
thanks for all the advice none of that has worked, I now suspect the gate valve, because when I turned it off then turned it back on, it kept turning and never fully reaching the stop>plumber coming to change it in the morning!
You`ve just solved your problem..Good luck :D

bid727
gate valves failing a common problem when they havent been touched for years ,same with the mains stop tap ,

Yes and sometimes the street stop tap. It always fills the householder with confidence when you break their street stop tap, but fortunately the water board respond same day to such incidents. usuallu sets the tone of the relationship plumber/householder to one where no matter how hard you try you get looked at like you are some sort of ******.

Paul

on palisade stop taps
except when they then jump on the lead service main renewal an want to enforce thats changed ....;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back