Air pipe under doorway?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year I tiled our newly fitted kitchen, floor and wall, diy style and a good job it was. The kitchen floor leads to the living room's wooden floor which was fitted by a pro. I decided to fit a door tread to tidy the join in the doorway, a post-tiling-thought.

I decided to screw the tread into the base floor. Whilst drilling 1.5" down for the rawls I felt a gush come up from the freshly drilled hole. What a daft place to put a compressed air line. It suddenly dawned that it was the pipe to the gas fire. Oh dear! "Transco please". £85 plumber bill 2 days later.

I have worked on industrial steam pipelines at 100psi, hydraulics systems of 6500psi and refrigeration systems at 400psi but I have to have a license to work on gas lines at 8 psi!

Sponsored Links
uselessFCUK said:
I have worked on industrial steam pipelines at 100psi, hydraulics systems of 6500psi and refrigeration systems at 400psi but I have to have a license to work on gas lines at 8 psi!

afaict you do if you are doing it for gain but not if you are doing it for yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back