Air Tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've recently started a new job which requires the use of air tools where possible.

I've been able to loan some budget tools to put me on (clarke) but pretty soon i'm going to need to get my own.

I have to admit i'm a bit lost as most of the brand names seem to be unfamiliar to me, i'm used to using the likes of makita and hilti cordless tools.

Can anyone advise me of a decent brand to be looking at, ideally i'm after at least a drill, riveter and impact wrench. Budget wise i'm looking at something like £125 per tool.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sealey are a good make for compressors and air tools, good luck navigating their hideous website though, much better off trying to get a paper catalogue

I've got a lot of Clarke stuff and haven't had many problems at all, but SIP are a better make in my opinion.
Make sure you use 10mm hoses rather than 8mm for windy guns though, and avoid Clarke rubber air hoses - they really are poor.
Toolstations 19659 air receiver is good for air on the move - I use a propane bottle with a brass pigtail though.
John :)

You ought to be able to get some pretty good gear for that sort of money, Chicago pneumatic, Ingersoll rand...desoutter are some of the top brands, perhaps slightly above your budget.

Impact wrench will be the expensive one, if you want a heavy duty model

Sponsored Links
thanks guys, thats a great place to start.

off to go spend some hard earned cash :)

In my experience you're often just as well buying the cheaper stuff like Clarke because it comes with a 12 month guarantee so if it fails after that you haven't lost much
As an example the worst DA sander I ever bought in 20 odd years of trading was also the dearest,a Snap-on.I have 2 Clarke DA's and they have both given years of trouble free service at a fraction of the cost.

For tools like impact guns where torque is an issue then CP are the best in my opinion

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back