Airflow Icon 30, flaps do not close

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 4x Airflow Icon 30 fans installed in my house and all 4 seem to have the same issue. All have the timer/humidity/pull cord module (part number 72687103) and are wired up to also come on when the bathroom lights come on.

The issue I have is that when the fan eventually turns off, sometimes the flaps do not fully close and sometimes they do not close at all. One particular fan never closes at all, other fans partially close and some fans are a bit hit and miss whether it closes or not.

Is there any kind of adjustment on this such as a tension/spring setting? How can I ensure the flaps always close when the fan is shut off?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

have you attempted to remove the cover, and see how it operates?

I dont know much about this fan, but a common problem with most, is that they can get gummed up with dust.

It may be worth removing the cover, cleaning the mechanism and seeing if that is any better.
If not, the problem could be with the actuator and that would be another story!

Here's a couple of videos about removing the fan cover and servicing the fan:

I hope that helps :)

These fans constantly cause problems, due to the over engineered mechanisms. It always jams up eventually. Fluff and dust can be cleaned out, but eventually you will get fed up and replace them. Sometimes the cover is not quite on right, and that can affect the mechanism.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back