Alarm Bell Box Repacement

C

cabot

I have an alarm system on my house and although its about 15 years of age still works fine .I have recently changed over the 12 volt battery in the panel but have come up against problms with the bell box battery.You can get replacement batteries for it but at a cost of £10-£12 i was wondering whether it would make economic sense just to replace the complete box.Trouble is the usual bell box has some puny 115db sounder.The point is COULD i upgrade the sounder to a 12 volt air raid siren / police 2 tone type sounder or would this be impractable and/or unsociable and COULD it be done.The panel i have is an Advantage ZX6 which i think is manufactured by A1 security ? Any input would be helpful and how easy are they to fit ? I am reasonably competent with wiring

Sponsored Links
If you contact a local alarm installer and ask to buy a replacement bell box i am shure they would oblige.

Elmdene do a 118db sounder which is loud & piercing (ear defenders required)

You should be able to buy it for around £50.00

hsmith824
your post probably wont help as the origional post was for something better than a 'puny115 db' bell box and your link was for an even punier 109 db Texecom 1E.

Louder bell boxes are available, but at a price premium.

Sponsored Links
I agree Texecom E versions are not very loud! The Cqr Ultima HS is a 118db.

The E stands for Economy

If you get a texecom bell, the ones with the E suffix only have one sounder. The standard (more expensive) version has twin sounders.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back