Alarm Code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you reset the alarm on the Accent!

We turned off the power - had the alarm for 20 mins, and now a flashing strobe. I can not see any way of getting into the control box and nothing is lit up. Should I unscrew it?

I am scared stiff of starting off the alarm again and upsetting the neighbours. the control box itself is unlit. I feel such a twit!

Sponsored Links
leave it for tonight. there is nothing yopu can do with it now

Hmmmmm that does not help me - ADE want over £100 to reset it - surely there is something I can do? Come on chaps - give us a clue - would the factory code work? or what about the engineer's code.

ADE make panels, they do not (AFAIK) fix them in situ

I should guess the engineers and user codes have already been changed by the previuos owners, so neither default code will work.

Also from what you have said its standby battery is flat or blown battery fuse. You can change that yourself - see what is there and get a new one from maplin (other suppliers of batteries are available)

without the codes or manual I am sorry but there is nothing else that i can tell you. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Thanks Breezer - you may not beleive this but I can not even see how to fix a battery in the little control panel - do I unscrew from the wall? I am just so concerend whether it will go off again. How come the control panel is battery but the alarm and strobe is mains? what a useless female.

First question: do you have the user code for the alarm? If so, the strobe is reset by entering the code to silence the alarm followed by the reset key.

I assume that you have the Accenta Mini 8 - the small keypad is just that - the main control panel would be somewhere in a cupboard, eg under the stairs. It will be about the size of a sheet of A4 paper. The battery is in there and is used to power the panel in the event of a mains supply failure.

Locate the main panel and remove the two front screws - shouldn't cause an alarm if the mains is off. Remove battery and replace with a new one of the same capacity (eg. 2.1Ah). This will cause an alarm - enter the user code and press reset. Replace the cover and apply mains.

If there is no power to the keypad then, as Breezer suggests, the battery is flat or a panel fuse has blown. Not sure why the strobe would be working without the main panel battery.

Deryck Tintagel has it in one.

the panel you are looking at is not a panel, its the remote keypad

:LOL: hah _ now we are getting somewhere! Its now a week later and the strobe is still going, but at least it is not making a noise - I can live with that. And I have finally found the control box - all I ned to do now is buy the battery as suggested.
Thank you very much!! The last question is, I have the factory code and the engineers code in the handbook - do you think either of these will work to stop the alarm when it goes off?

Thanks again for staying with me!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back