Alarm gone pear shaped...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst on holiday, the person looking after our pets has done something to our alarm system.

I set it as normal, earlier today. However, when I came back, the timer 'beeps' were still going and it hadn't set. As soon as I came in the house, the alarm engaged. Our usual code doesn't do a thing to it, and it was going off for over an hour and twenty minutes.

I turned the fuse off, for the alarm. Eventually, I'm guessing the batteries have run out?

Does anyone know why my alarm has done this and how I can get it back to normal? I've also disconnected the control panel/keypad. Don't want to reconnect in case it all goes off, again!

The alarm appears to be a Eurosec P5208.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if your code does not work how did you set it ? quick full ? or just put code in ? they may have altered your code by mistake.

To be honest, we've never had the proper code since we moved into the house. A guy serviced it for us, shortly after we moved in, and left us with an engineer's code. He said he'd get back to us with a proper code. Anyway, the company went bust a few weeks later and that was the end of that.

So we've always set it by punching in the engineer's code and then pressing 'yes'. I think what might have happened is that I pressed 'quick', meaning I didn't need to enter the code. I'm then assuming that it won't let me unset it unless I use a proper code, which we've never had.

Also, some of the setting have defitinely changed, since we've been away. I left the house, earlier, having set the alarm. When I came back, three hours later, it still hadn't set properly and was beeping away.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you need the customer code, you can set it ok by the engineer code BUT if you use thw quick set function ( if enabled ) YOU will need the customer code to switch it off.... good news if you have the engineer code you can reset the system to factory defaults. PM for details

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back