Alarm Power Availability

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Question time my friends.

Been reading the manual for the Scantronic i-on50EX, and I’ve been confused by the power capabilities.

In an example used to work out the battery size required, it states that a large system will draw around 1 Amp during full alarm:
IMG_3474.jpeg

However, on the specifications page, it states that while the max. total current it can output is 1.5A, half of it is used for battery charging and the other half available for other things:
IMG_3475.jpeg

Am I right in thinking that the battery charging is disabled during full alarm, so all the components (pirs, sirens etc.) can draw above 750ma from the mains? Or does it have to partially rely on the battery to supply enough current during full alarm?

Cheers

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Bump, any ideas? I’ve seen similar things about power in Texecom manuals too

Recharging the battery is only necessary after the battery has been discharged for some reason such as a loss of mains power or a prolonged alarm state.

Sponsored Links
Recharging the battery is only necessary after the battery has been discharged for some reason such as a loss of mains power or a prolonged alarm state.
So at most times you could use over 750mA? And I presume the panel only charges the battery when the system isn’t doing much?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back