Alarm system wanted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm replacing the flooring in my 1934 semi-detached property and I thought I could take the opportunity to have an alarm fitted as the flooring being up gives good access for cable runs.

Can anyone recommend a decent alarm system?

I would like a sensor by the front door and in the kitchen (facing the patio doors) and in the living room and one covering the landing at the top of the stairs.

I want the option of just setting the downstairs sensors at night (we had this in our last house). Keyfobs to disarm the system would be useful for the kids and the ability to have multiple codes for use by tradesmen, estate agents which can be removed without affecting the main code.

Battery backup in case of a power failure.

I don't want it to be monitored or call the Police or anything like that. Just a sounder if it is triggered.

Many thanks all (y)

Sponsored Links
Put cat5/6 cable from router to alarm control panel .
Think about camera cabling as well.

Put cat5/6 cable from router to alarm control panel .
Think about camera cabling as well.

Hi, Could you explain the purpose of connecting the alarm to the router?

I'm sorry if this is a silly question but I'm new to this so would appreciate a guide.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Further proofing your system.If you decide to change your system and want notifications, then you will not need to take floor's back up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back