alarm tamper fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't get compensation as it wasn't their fault. If you knew it was there - why didn't you say so? Who fitted the alarm? You? If not - then who?

If you do a Mickey Mouse job and it gets damaged then that's your fault - no-one elses.
Based on further info, i'm now going with Joe.

And that's a worry. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
So far, this topic has had 78 views. That means that 78 people, probably including members of the public, can now see that both Alumni and Joe are prepared to contradict themselves on a public forum on a regular basis, with no pre-conceived idea of the damage they are doing to DIYnot.

Don't be silly Daisy - you are wrong - that's all there is to it.

to sparkymarka yes it is a metal box with a remote panel underneath. on the user manual says Securit 800L+ Control Panel. I have attached photos. There is also a little speaker inside the metal box which I think is burned. Could that be on of the reasons why the tamper circuit shows faulty?

To the rest, I didn't fit the alarm my self, I did tell him 3 times to watch out for the cables. When he started working near it I mentioned it again.
A good contractor should watch out for their work. They can't come to fix one thing and destroy another.

Sponsored Links
They can if it's installed incorrectly.

@alumni

I seem to remember you said you know me from elsewhere, if I'm right could you sometime open then close your Profile details to send me a PM with contact details, I've got something for you.

Europlex

@alumni

I seem to remember you said you know me from elsewhere, if I'm right could you sometime open then close your Profile details to send me a PM with contact details, I've got something for you.

Europlex
Done.

Hi Stank,

The current fee for starting a claim is £80 on my last visit, could have increased. However, when you win the case, you not only get that back but also your incurred expenses. It's up to you what you want to do. You mention that you placed the cable in a channel, you also failed to mention that you informed the carpet fitters of the location of each and every cable relevant to your post. Which you did, O.K. ? someone prove otherwise.

If you installed the system yourself, I need to know so that we can go from there. If it is indeed a C&K 800L, and Sparkymarka is usually spot on when he suggests something, then we can go ahead and resolve the problem without paying out any more hard cash. You will need:- the correct fuses for the panel, a copy of the engineering manual (not always, but it's handy) two small plastic junction boxes (white or brown) a short length of alarm cable.... Or... you can join the coloured cores together with insulating tape (not really advisable). Let me know what you intend to do.

Take Care.

Take Care.

He'll lose at the small claim court. Simple as that - you don't run cables under carpets and then claim later that you told the carpet fitters - they'll simply deny it.

Waste of money.

Sounds like it's gone back to factory defaults.

No big deal.

Any local guy will fix it for £45 if he can't fix it himself.

Accept my humble apologies for being so wrong when you are so right.

Forgive my indiscretions oh wondrous one.

Check your friend request please chaindaisy, it will be worth it.

Okay. I've said that I will, don't labour the point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back