Alarm triggered on power shutdown Optima Compact G4 panel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I plugged in a faulty appliance that caused the main breaker to trip so the panel lost power.

It went into alarm mode, and the first thing I did was head for the panel, but no power on it? No LED's or keypad lighting?

the bell box is mounted low down as it is on an outhouse - and the breaker is in the house so it was easier to open it up rather than trek to the house, I disconnected the battery to silence it and it kind of worked, although it was beeping periodically and the LED was flashing fast.

I opened the panel and disconnected the battery to remove all power which obviously worked. The battery in the panel was reading 12.8V so doesn't seem faulty?

Any ideas what happened?

Sponsored Links
Oh dear. How many more times, 12.8V shown at the battery terminals is fine, could be a bit higher, but what is the Ah reading, that's the important one?

Your battery IS faulty.

The meter to check the Ah will cost you abt. £220 inc VAT

Ok, I did think it must have been the battery at fault, but I thought it was strange that it was powering the bell box after I took its battery out but not the keypad etc. Maybe that's why the sounder was only bipping' then?

I have got an electronic load at work that I could test the capacity with, but I may as well just get a new one ordered.

Thanks for the help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back