Alarm : Unit Low Batt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, given the time of day, I'm awake due to the constant on / off beeping from the 9940 LCD panel, control unit is scantronic 9651.

Now I've been on a few forums, and if I knew the code to enter engineer mode then I'd at least be able to join rest of my family and get some sleep....but I don't know the code.

I'm pretty confident in replacing the battery in the main box (£20 Screwfix) but I fully expect that will lead to a tamper error, which again needs to engineer code to clear.

I could then attempt a reset of default codes (various steps, shorting some pins) but not sure if that also clears the zone programming etc.

Anyone able to offer advice? Or is it a case of spending £150 call out with cost of parts on top....from the suppliers. I haven't had chance to ring around for quotes as yet......

Sponsored Links
Do the default if the panels been programmed for eng case tamper , it only defaults the engineer and master code ... or pay ....?

Do the default if the panels been programmed for eng case tamper , it only defaults the engineer and master code ... or pay ....?
Thanks Sparkymarka, i managed to get the engineer code, so it's sat in installer mode to stop the infuriating beeps. Will replace battery and hopefully all be ok. Thanks for your response, all the best!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back