Alarm will not arm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After having new windows fitted and refitting alarm contacts I find when I enter my code my "DAY" light moves up and down all of the zones,pauses ,blinks and moves to next zone . Also when keypads are pressed sound is muted (just audible).
What is problem how do I fix?.3
Alarm is a Scantronlc 9448.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
One day people will read all of the post before answering. I wonder when that will start?

Sponsored Links
Thanks to Sparky mark a and Nerdish nerd for your helpful comments.
I'm afraid Europlex comment was not as helpful and seems to have put others off from contributing.
I was looking for help with my alarm problem not to start a war!!

wars start because people don't listen/ read properly and jump in, sometimes you should just let things ride.

When someone edits a post, which if I understand correctly has happened here, that a question was asked and rather than replying to confirm the alarm panel identity, they edited the original post.

much prefer forums that don't allow editing a post if a reply has already been made, but they are few and far between, in the name of peace and tranquillity.

I can see the post was edited, after the first reply, but to be honest seeing the edit stamp was immediate.

To all who responded about my alarm problem I would to say thank you for your interest.
Having just joined I was not aware of etiquette on edit/post new reply,next time I will make it clear.
however I'm grateful to "Sparkamarka" who suggested the problem was due to a blown aux fuse,this turned out to be the problem and is now fixed.
The forum does work!!

To all who responded about my alarm problem I would to say thank you for your interest.
Having just joined I was not aware of etiquette on edit/post new reply,next time I will make it clear.
however I'm grateful to "Sparkamarka" who suggested the problem was due to a blown aux fuse,this turned out to be the problem and is now fixed.
The forum does work!!
Glad to see it's all fixed!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back