Alarming newspaper headings?

Well done WDIK, you said the same as me but much more concisely.

F*ck dangermouse :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I see you're a moderator JohnD as you can edit your posts without the notification coming up. But then we all knew that already.
A single EU superstate will be a menace to the world just as it is currently being a menace to the people it is trying to control and govern.
If bliar reaches the helm (and I truly believe he will) then God help us all.

1) you are mistaken

2) I don't agree

3) I don't agree

Sponsored Links
In seriousness though, the truth of the matter is that people voted to join the EEC because they were told:

1) you can have cheaper wine and fruit!!!
2) it will be easier and cheaper to go on holiday in Europe!!!

As I see it, the contempt that a lot of people have for Europe comes about because the European Commission has a tendency to IMPOSE rules rather than SUGGEST best practice.

Case in point, metric vs imperial. Like most people, I am more-or-less units-agnostic. I know that a pound is 450g, and a kilo is 2.2lb. I measure up in metres and kilos, but I prefer to use feet and stones for my vital statistics (but can quickly convert if required).

But, I object to being TOLD I mustn't use imperial. That just makes me want to fathom a way to chain their rods, furlong time as well, until they acre. ;)

My continental colleagues and friends don't understand why I object to being forced to use a system I understand fully and use daily anyway... until I suggest that the EU-wide language should be English, seeing as they speak it fluently. Then they see my point! :LOL:

Just to get back to the original point of this post for a second.
If this lads 'crime' was committed in Turkey why is he being prosecuted in Scotland?
Or have I missed something?

Second point, someone suggested a poll so lets have one, I'll start a new thread so as not to hijack this one.

If this lads 'crime' was committed in Turkey why is he being prosecuted in Scotland?
Or have I missed something?
Yes, you have missed that the news report is about a UK barrister commenting on an Turkish person appealing his conviction because he made a confession (he claims under duress) when underage and deprived of a lawyer, and the UK barrister is saying that maybe, therefore, people in UK jails might make similar claims, because, in Scotland, they are sometimes allowed to be interviewed without the right to legal representation. The UK barrister seems to be suggesting that it is a Bad Thing that people convicted in this way should be allowed to appeal. Of course we do occasionally find out that an innocent person has been convicted in the UK because he was intimidated into making a confession, uaually seems to happen to people who are mentally deficient.

It is possibly a contrived story making a lot of fuss about nothing

No comment then JohnD.
Perhaps a good kicking might persuade you or a gun held to your head and the trigger pulled.
But hang on, you're not "mentally deficient" so you couldn't possibly be intimidated by such violence. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back