Alarming newspaper headings?

Sponsored Links
Ireland had a referendum recently.

Remind me, how did they vote?

The Irish voted YES in their referendum.

Wrong with a capital W. The Irish voted NO in their referendum and were FORCED to vote again by dictators.

Is this the Europe you want?
Where the peoples voice is not listened too and referendums giving the wrong result are treated with contempt!

FORCED to vote again by dictators.
That is simply untrue. No wonder the ill-informed are anxious if they are told such lies.

Good god man, do you honestly believe they were forced to the ballot-box at the point of a bayonet?

Have you no recollection of Europe's 20th Century history?

They were offered the chance to vote for a modified treaty with additional safeguards on issues they had been concerned about.

Sponsored Links
The Irish voted NO. Its as simple as that.
Any additional safeguards built into the new treaty mean didly squat.

Perhaps when the corrupt leaders of the eu are gone from office and their huge salaries history I shall acknowledge what comes from europe.
But for now the lies and corruption shall continue.

Have you no recollection of Europe's 20th Century history?

Englighten me?

No let me guess. World wars? Right?

And you think that the UK being outside the EU is going to lead to war.
( and then you call me barmy) :rolleyes:

Won't it be ironic when you're beloved bliar gets to high office in the EU and then starts a world war. :rolleyes:

You claimed that the Irish people were forced to vote by a dictator. I gather you have no understanding of what dictatorship really is. You must have been asleep when Hitller, Mussolini, Stalin and Franco were discussed.

I think (no, I know) that increasing co-operation and interdependency within Europe, especially between France and Germany, was deliberately cultivated after WW2 in order to make yet another devastating war much less likely.

I cannot imagine why you fantasise that I am in love with some politician.

it is currious I agree.
ask a question, you get an answer, you dont like the answer.
so do keep asking the same question till you get the answer you do like? :confused:

They voted NO and were promptly asked to vote again, if they'd voted no again, they would have been asked again, and so on. We all know that in future any opposition to europe in that country will be shouted down with the argument that it was put to a vote and accepted. Or to put it another way, they'll not get asked to vote again now. That's not my idea of democracy, If the government don't win the argument they start another one and throw even more money into persuading people to their way of thinking, and keep on doing it until inevitably they do win. Which is then the end of the argument full stop.

Sponsored Links
Back