Aldi's batteries for their power tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they lied to me saying you can buy from another store or online.
So should I return or weight until next batch?
They do stock them in other branches and if not now they surely will soon, so why don't you just return it then?

Sponsored Links
The ebay one is almost double the aldi price, but still cheaper than dewalt. get one so you can start using it then buy one or two more from aldi when they are in stock. I was lucky to get the brushless angle grinder, has pretty good battery life when cutting sandstone for the patio.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The ebay one is almost double the aldi price, but still cheaper than dewalt. get one so you can start using it then buy one or two more from aldi when they are in stock. I was lucky to get the brushless angle grinder, has pretty good battery life when cutting sandstone for the patio.
what is the brushless; dose it not clog up with dust and not die on you?

I live close to an Aldi in South Gloucestershire and they do have 20/40V batteries in stock at the moment. To prevent theft, you pick up the box within the store, and they give you the battery at the checkout. You will need the 20/40V version for your angle grinder.

I live close to an Aldi in South Gloucestershire and they do have 20/40V batteries in stock at the moment. To prevent theft, you pick up the box within the store, and they give you the battery at the checkout. You will need the 20/40V version for your angle grinder.
Looks like aldi cant be bothered any more with the click and collect thing

Do you understand what a motor with brushes actually is?
They are not little hairy things that sweep the dust away. :rolleyes:
They are carbon magnetic blocks as far as I know of. That everyone says "ohh it the brushes! its the brushes!" when infact it is something ells!

They are carbon magnetic blocks as far as I know of. That everyone says "ohh it the brushes! its the brushes!" when infact it is something ells!
No, they are noy magnetic as they are made from carbon. Carbon is a good conductor of electricity, and they are used in electric motors to make the connection to the armature, (the bit that spins round and is attached, via a gearbox, to the chuck of your drill. They are called brushes simply because they 'brush' against the armatures commutator.

As above, carbon has a higher resistance than the mosfets used to switch the power, also, by design brushes need to span the gap between poles and that causes a bit of shorting/braking current to flow for a bit of each cycle. Done right the efficiency is awesome in a brushless converter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back