All I need to do is move a socket! (w/o getting a shock)

Sponsored Links
surely this is exactly why Part P doesnt go far enough

" er, which bit do i poke .........."

O/P - i used to have a signature that said " it isnt a saving if it kills someone! " think about it

Sponsored Links
That's a pretty poor analogy....

not really, you seem to have the idea of mains work, I do - this guy doesnt

so what makes him think he can do the job must be the same thought process that makes you think you could fly a plane (possibly)

sometimes they need protecting from themselves

That's a pretty poor analogy....
so what makes him think he can do the job must be the same thought process that makes you think you could fly a plane (possibly)
I see.

So the shops are full of books on how to fly a plane, are they?

The internet is full of fora where you can get advice and ask questions about flying a plane, are they?

If you're flying a plane, and hit a snag, you can just stop flying it and go and find out what to do, can you?

sometimes they need protecting from themselves
Get a dictionary and look up "patronising".

Which reminds me...

BAS,

How do check to make sure there isn't a fault on both live and neutral which is causing these both to be live wrt earth? I know what I carry at all times and will use before and after the tester.
I remember at the time thinking "should warn him to check for reversed polarity", but then something happened and I submitted without that.

Fortunately Thripster followed up...

there are plenty of books out there dealing with flight simulators, plenty of forums dealing with the same..

it's only a small skip to the real thing as the simulators are very realistic..

those guys that did 9/11 supposedly trained on a computer flight simulator ..

there are many flight sim nerds out there that believe that given the chance, they could fly a plane quite proficiantly..

movies support their belief as at the end of "snakes on a plane" the guy who lands the plane is a flight sim nerd and never been behind the yoke before...

there are plenty of books out there dealing with flight simulators, plenty of forums dealing with the same..
Flight simulators maybe, and real flying too, in the same way that there have been aviation magazines for years. But when you get to the flying equivalent of "now my light won't go off", you can't live with the flying problem for days while you try and find the answer.

Nor can you give up and phone for a professional pilot to come and take over.

it's only a small skip to the real thing as the simulators are very realistic..
The mega-expensive commercial and military ones are, and they have a valuable place in training, for honing skills, type conversions, simulating conditions that would be hazardous in real life etc, but you need the real thing.

those guys that did 9/11 supposedly trained on a computer flight simulator ..
All they had to do was to take over in mid-air and drive the things into big buildings.

there are many flight sim nerds out there that believe that given the chance, they could fly a plane quite proficiantly..
I'm sure there are.

There are people out there who believe the Earth is flat, too.

movies support their belief as at the end of "snakes on a plane" the guy who lands the plane is a flight sim nerd and never been behind the yoke before...
Oh well if it's in the movies....

" so what have we proved today daddy.." - well son we proved that BAS just posts on internet forums to argue

LOL

Hmmm.

So when you said "surely this is exactly why Part P doesnt go far enough"

was I wrong, in your eyes, to ask you "how far would you like it to go?"?

Or was I wrong, basically, to take issue with what you said subsequently? Or was I wrong to respond to what ColJack wrote?

Surely you aren't suggesting that I should only post things if I am in agreement with people? That's not a policy that you adopt.

Hmmm.

So when you said "surely this is exactly why Part P doesnt go far enough"

was I wrong, in your eyes, to ask you "how far would you like it to go?"?

Or was I wrong, basically, to take issue with what you said subsequently? Or was I wrong to respond to what ColJack wrote?

Surely you aren't suggesting that I should only post things if I am in agreement with people? That's not a policy that you adopt.

I rest my case

nope your just an argumentative wordsmith who never actually posts " real help " advice - usually because you have no experiance of the topic under discustion (sic) but hey theres always another way to get your name on the page isnt there ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back