Alloy v Steel Wheels

I have to confess I have no 'garage ' qualifications at all and really just a machinery nut! :D I have engineering qualifications though which helps a bit and have a pretty good selection of tools and other gear. I play a small part on the other forum areas if I can- I like to share my experiences concerning property renovation.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Construction and use regulations are silent on it. But there would be an argument of careless or dangerous driving if you knowingly exceeding the safety rating of a space saver.

Actually scrub that, there would be no requirement for you to knowingly do it. It’s your responsibility to check.

I had a sticker on the spare on my Citroen C5 and Peugeot 508 , both of which had full size steel wheels of a slightly different size, can't remember the numbers now. I wrecked a locking wheel bolt when the locking key slipped, common fault with them.
Burnerman, I thought you ran a full time servicing outfit, the number of cars you've worked on, plus mowers.

I've been working on cars since my teens (64 now :eek:) and still like to keep my hand in - but no longer fit clutches lying on my back on cold concrete :(
The garden machinery comes from two landscape garden firms and they get very hard use so often busy there.....that includes mini diggers, Kubota gear and so on.
Three house restorations to my credit - my own gaff (1986-88), one in Keswick with a pal (2000) and my holiday gaff (2007).

Sponsored Links
Yep, 34 years at the same school, retired myself at 57 :LOL: huge comprehensive in Newcastle west side.
Was a faculty head, a deputy head on the chalk face in another language, responsible for design and technology delivery.
Great job if you could dodge the hierarchy :D

Makes my achievements look pretty dismal. I want to have my time all over again with the benefit of hindsight.

Not a bit of it, Dave- we all wonder what things would be like if we had our time over again.
I was offered a place with BP as a sea going engineer and also with Dan Air....that's going back a bit! Education did me no harm at the end of the day though, and I'd do the same again.

I'd need to start again at the age of 6. That's as far back as I remember and things were starting to go wrong. I had a very average career in insurance which I drifted into. Relationships have not gone well.

I consider myself to be extremely fortunate..... Crap grammar school but excellent further education with loads of engineering experience, a good career - with it's many ups and downs - well paid, eventually! Very good pension, been married for 42 years and for sure, she knows how to spend :eek: Much brighter than me though so lock horns at my peril :D Had a difficult few years caring for my ancient father but he's gone now.
Just hope I remain in good health!

Sponsored Links
Back