Alpha CB50 Boiler exploded today

Sponsored Links
Approx 15% of BG staff are G3 certified. Speaks volumes really. :rolleyes:

utter nonsense. cant think of a single guy here who doesnt have it. all new guys get it as standard.

A local service guy to our area I spent a day with when I quized him on the unvented cylinder at a job said " I haven't got unvented not many of us have, you'll be poplular" I says what about lpg "oh quite a few have lpg" what about warm air "oh they all have warm air." So it must be area dependant.

The all have warm air thing is a conundrum, privately I haven't had a sinmgle warm air job since shelling out £350 for the qualification, and I'll defo drop it next time. Bg look after quite a few warm air installs but since their guys all ave warm air they won't need me for it. Only one other contractor has it apparently. Privately it is a DODO

Yet unvented is springing up all over the place, and as soon as you escape the towns you encounter lpg. The huge number of colleages based in tows surrounded by villages who don't have lpg are winging it. Sure they go to lpg jobs. That's why I had to get the qualy, kept turning up to fix a boiler only to fin it ws lpg. Fixed a couple got guilty conscience and got the training.

Lets be honest LPG is a 15 minute exam and other than pressures and a few different postion regs and minor stuff its exactly the same.
Unvented is an hour exam and not that hard to pass. I am pretty certain all on my old patch now have lpg
Yes and i was guilty of it done both exams but never registered them with BG because the majority of the jobs on my patch where a minimum of 15 mile away with max near 45 . So it was far easier to just VO the job and say sorry send someone with the ticket

Lets be honest LPG is a 15 minute exam and other than pressures and a few different postion regs and minor stuff its exactly the same.
Unvented is an hour exam and not that hard to pass. I am pretty certain all on my old patch now have lpg
Yes and i was guilty of it done both exams but never registered them with BG because the majority of the jobs on my patch where a minimum of 15 mile away with max near 45 . So it was far easier to just VO the job and say sorry send someone with the ticket

that's a very unprofessional attitude from a brown nose union man (in the pocket of management). tut tut. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Paul Barker is right in that an engineer qualified with unvented is highly sort after in some areas, but then again Paul is honest. Thickso is dillusional and still thinks bg do a good job despite the fact they are largely ex double glazing salesmen trained to use a telegan and nothing else. The company is run by muppets with clowns for engineers. Wake up thickso and smell the coffee.

we have both agreed before that BG are useless, thats not news.

let me edit that for you.[/b]

still unable to admit the truth louse, how sad.

guess you are one of those lads who hate BG so much because they really were a tragic engineer with no hope of making the grade.

Alpha just cover the boiler unless they have changed you will have to check with them.

It is the boiler we are looking to be covered - this is what is giving us the problems. More than likely keep the rest with BG which you can have (we had BG try to remove the boiler earlier this year without notifying us - trying to leaving us with electrics and plumbing).

Also the BG guy turned up this morning ang guess what - he did not have his G3 ticket and he was quite young so obviously our area is not training everybody up as they start.
We are now waiting for another one to come that does have his ticket!!

So I was right then, so was Paul Barker. The BG brown nose boys on here know the truth but feel obliged to defend the firm. :rolleyes:

Their jobs depend upon gullible customers to keep paying their monthly fees.

no you are not right, 15% is way off the mark.

if that guy is newish and doesnt have unvented then it must be down to area service centres cos i know for a fact all of ours get it before they leave the college.

Like I said thickso you are dillusional. People leave because it is a crap job with crap conditions and crap pay.

Jessie You dont half talk some Sh#te how many people are on over 30k a year .
As for brown nose your tongue will be so far up your manager next week that they will have to strap a plank to your ass to stop you falling in.

Alpha just cover the boiler unless they have changed you will have to check with them.

It is the boiler we are looking to be covered - this is what is giving us the problems. More than likely keep the rest with BG which you can have (we had BG try to remove the boiler earlier this year without notifying us - trying to leaving us with electrics and plumbing).

but that probably wont cover you for rads or controls on the system. i cant remember the details on that plumbing contract is. i would check your T+C's before you do that.

Jessie You dont half talk some Sh#te how many people are on over 30k a year ..

In the heating trade I would say more than three quarters of engineers are on substancially more than 30k per year. I certainly am. Some will be nearer 70k if self employed and busy all year. Pimlico plumbers are well known for earning over 100k a year.

Like I said thickso you are dillusional. People leave because it is a rubbish job with rubbish conditions and rubbish pay.

bet im making a lot more than you and i dont even try hard. the only upside to your job is the probable lack of weekend work. the carp conditions of the contract can largely be ignored or worked round fairly easily if you have a spine. not all jobs are perfect louse, god knows BG isnt, but im happy enough with the money and conditions for now. some people just cant hack it, simple.

Like I said thickso you are dillusional. People leave because it is a rubbish job with rubbish conditions and rubbish pay.

bet im making a lot more than you and i dont even try hard. the only upside to your job is the probable lack of weekend work. the carp conditions of the contract can largely be ignored or worked round fairly easily if you have a spine. not all jobs are perfect louse, god knows BG isnt, but im happy enough with the money and conditions for now. some people just cant hack it, simple.

I know how much BG pay and you don't earn more than me thickso. People with low aspirations and fear of the world outside bg stay for the secuirty of being surrounded by equally incompetent fools. Sack one for incompetence then you should really sack 8000 of them.

So your basic is well well over 30k a year then thats funny because that not what is advertised.
so that will be the reason why you are a spineless big jessie then and scared to stick to your comments. You know no one else will fall for your inept work and pay you that amount.

So your basic is well well over 30k a year then thats funny because that not what is advertised.
so that will be the reason why you are a spineless big jessie then and scared to stick to your comments. You know no one else will fall for your inept work and pay you that amount.

Who said about BASIC pay?

I know how much BG pay and you don't earn more than me thickso. People with low aspirations and fear of the world outside bg stay for the secuirty of being surrounded by equally incompetent fools. Sack one for incompetence then you should really sack 8000 of them.

whatever you reckon louse.

BG does offer security, but not for your reasons.

all very well to call people incompetent and with low aspirations when you work on one companies boilers all day. how much less aspirational can you get than that borefest all day? keep your chin up louse, you might get to do something interesting one day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back