Alpha diverter valve

The flow switch should still operate regardless of the DV moving or not.

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys.

I know I shouldn't ask for costings etc but:

a)have I needlessly paid for the diaphram? and
b)is approx £100 for new DV (on top of new diaphram) roughly correct?

Thanks again

rob884 said:

yes but the rads will heat up and the water wont get hot asthe OP first said

:)

rob884 said:

the little pin does not pop out and flick it when the HW is turned on

Sponsored Links
I am really sure that the flowswitch and diverter valve are one unit with a central pin running down them, like the protherms have so the pin wont pop out.

but I could be wrong its be a while since I locked horns with an alpha 240

simongooner1 said:
rob884 said:

the little pin does not pop out and flick it when the HW is not turned on

Then the fault is still the flow switch (the bit he's changed) so would still be worth checking the diaphragm and the small tubes are clear.

corgiman said:
I am really sure that the flowswitch and diverter valve are one unit with a central pin running down them, like the protherms have so the pin wont pop out.

but I could be wrong its be a while since I locked horns with an alpha 240

A spring activates the diverter to HW position onces the HW pin has extended.

so it is a seperate componant rob?

well thats strange if he replaced it.

mmmm

errrrr

whats the pressure like at the hot tap (sorry if someone already asked but as most here know I am waaay to fat and lazy to look ;) )

How would you guys (if you were consumers and had no idea like me!!) pursue this?

He's waiting instructions to get a new DV.

Pressue is quite low but has always been. The HW works fine, as it used to, now but only if I press it manually.

well thats depends you seem to like the fella and he has come back loads to try and sort it

seems a bit mean to second guess him, I personally would let him see it through to the end with maybe a bit of a talk about the labour charge when he had sorted it

but thats just me

corgiman said:
well thats depends you seem to like the fella and he has come back loads to try and sort it

seems a bit mean to second guess him, I personally would let him see it through to the end with maybe a bit of a talk about the labour charge when he had sorted it

but thats just me

I agree. I just wanted to be armed with a bit of info!!! You never know!

I think I'll have to just get him to sort the whole thing now. He does seem trustworthy.

simongooner1 said:
corgiman said:

but thats just me

I agree. I just wanted to be armed with a bit of info!!! You never know!

I think I'll have to just get him to sort the whole thing now. He does seem trustworthy.

well its a rare thing these days

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back