Alpha ETEC Boiler no pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me. I have just had a new ETEC 28/33 boiler installed. The pressure has gone down to zero and the filling loops aren't doing anything when turned. The radiators had to be bled and a lot of water came out.

Would anyone know how to fix this please?

Thank you.

Kris

Sponsored Links
Pics of the filling loop may help. Are you sure you are using the correct valves on filling loop ?

This is a diagram of the two taps I think are the filling loops

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190118-224217.jpg
    Screenshot_20190118-224217.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,153
If its the circled bits ,they are isolation valves ,not what you need.
P.s the pics short of detail.
I am not overly f
amiliar with your boiler model ,but I think you have an external filling loop. Look for a braided ,silver coloured flexible hose. Or post a pic of pipework below your boiler.

Sponsored Links
your boiler does not have an internal filling loop, dont touch the valves that you have circled, follow the cold water inlet pipe and you will see a silver (usually) hose between that pipe and the CH return , you need to open these valves until the pressure reaches 1.5 Bar, then close them again

Thank you everyone for your help. The filling loop was quite a bit away from the boiler, but I found it thanks to your great help. Much appreciated.

Now I need to figure out the damn Salus boiler receiver and thermostat. It won't switch the heating off now!

These are terrible for losing connection, try turning the thermostat manually all the way down and then all the way back up and see if they start talking to each other, if that fails you will have to manually re-bind them loads of videos on youtube how you do that

not a hard thing to do once you know how , have to say not the most reliable of controls

Managed to get the flame symbol back on the thermostat, but the temperature keeps going up past the desired amount and the flame symbol goes off. There is a red light on the reciever within the bouler. I have tried switching it off, switching the power off at the mains, taking the battery out of the thermostat, but no success.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back