Aluminium versus stainless steel heat exchangers

kevplumb said:
oh yes they can paul as long as we are silly enough to belive them

btw don't mention "Buderus" to DIA gives him a pain in the foot

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
you had to be there ;)

I was good buddy :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Even I have to admit the Buderus is better than the rest, and the only boiler I would consider when it comes to replacing my 26 year old Servowarm all original (except thermocouple) modulating reliable boiler.

Sponsored Links
doitall said:
I'll wager there's not a single modern boiler 8-10 year old with all original parts

What are you going to wager? I see them all the time! I never make any note because its nothing unusual to me!

I only asked about your legs to see if you had noticed that I had pulled one of them!

Tony

Agile said:
doitall said:
I'll wager there's not a single modern boiler 8-10 year old with all original parts

What are you going to wager? I see them all the time! I never make any note because its nothing unusual to me!

I only asked about your legs to see if you had noticed that I had pulled one of them!

Tony

I have got at least five Suprimas that are ten years old WITH original PCB's and they are fine and dandy

I installed em and serviced ever since so unless the client was unfaithful and got some one in on the side they still have all their orignal bits

not to mention a shed load of others :)

That reminds me of a friend who devided his house into three flats and fitted Suprimas in 1997.

They all worked fine until last year ( 9 years! ) when I replaced one PCB.

Another PCB this year, but the third is still working without ever needing any repair!!!

To be fair to DIA, I think he meant combis.

Since most earlier ones used diaphragm diverters most of them do need replacing by 8 years but as already stated thats really a five year service item!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Went to a Puma of all things recently. Never had anyone come to it at all. Current owner had it installed by BG in 1997.

>>Have you checked the pressure?

<<What pressure? No we don't know anything about that... :eek: :eek:

Topped it up and away it went. First one for me I must say!

So , obviously, get BG to put your boiler in and it'll not need touching for 10 years at least! :D :LOL: :D

doitall said:
Even I have to admit the Buderus is better than the rest, and the only boiler I would consider when it comes to replacing my 26 year old Servowarm all original (except thermocouple) modulating reliable boiler.

The problem with Buderus is getting a dealer to buy one from and then spare parts are thin on the ground.

First I had to order my own pallet of them to get the merchant to play ball. Another merchant found out what I had done, and said don't do that Paul, we'll stock them for you. That was a long time back, now a lot more people know about them and the merchants have good access to them. Put in the demand and you'll get them.

If you are in the game, and you know what you want try investing.

Paul Barker said:
First I had to order my own pallet of them to get the merchant to play ball. Another merchant found out what I had done, and said don't do that Paul, we'll stock them for you. That was a long time back, now a lot more people know about them and the merchants have good access to them. Put in the demand and you'll get them.

If you are in the game, and you know what you want try investing.

They are owned by Worcester-Bosch now, so are parts now more freely available? They are also a bit on the pricey side too; although excellent quality. The performance is not sparkling and I believe the fans are a bit noisy. You could comment on this Paul.

What boilers do most think are the quietest? I have found some Glow Worms quiet enough.

Paul Barker said:
First I had to order my own pallet of them to get the merchant to play ball.

Paul, why do you have this thing about Buderus boilers? Good boilers indeed. I would not order a pallet load of a boiler which few sell or stock parts for. Other makes are equally as good and readily available.

I saw for the first time a Buderus 500 boiler the other day, previously only ever having seen 600s. They are cheapish in finish and I would not pay that sort of money something that looks so cheaply made. The 600 appears a world away from the 500.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back