Am I being scammed for a boiler replacement?

Dan you must be worn out with workload. You are normally eagle eyed. You are not under the weather are you old chap?

HaHa. I must admit i started to write something similar the other day when I first saw, and posted, this. But I could not see the picture (on my phone) and was going on bernies. I thought better if it, assuming that Bernies was a ablown up section of a larger pic

It is all abit odd, it should be obvious to the OP that it was not wired properly

Sponsored Links
The pump's not wired to the boiler either...I'm surprised the boilers not be faulting through overheat...a lot of residual heat in that cast iron when the burner shuts down.

@Dan Robinson thanks for the reply! The wire has been like this since we moved in and it always used to work until last week. The electrician did try to reconnect it but it still didn't work.
You're safe in refusing to pay, if the landlord tries that on. For one thing, the boiler is probably repairable by somebody competent. Keep the photo as evidence (assuming it isn't like that because of something you did!), and show him this thread if he gets funny.

Last edited:
@Dan Robinson thanks for the reply! The wire has been like this since we moved in and it always used to work until last week. The electrician did try to reconnect it but it still didn't work.
WHAT electrician tried to connect it? Even a Sparks would notice that is wrong, and would not have left a lead like that.

Frankly, the OP is either fabricating stuff, or the LL is having a laugh. Something is seriously amiss, IMO

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Cannot see video, but highly unlikely there is anything wrong that a RGI could not sort.
Can you hear the fan running?
Has a Gas Safe RGI visited? If so has he left any paperwork?

Does the (dodgy) paperwork, if any, mention a Durham Plumber ? ;)
Stick to the 30sec CP12s ,,leave the wit to me dude!!..lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back