Am I doing something wrong or is my system goosed ?

I did think of that but thought the wiring would be complicated, as you couldn't just common up the outputs from each roomstat and send to the boiler, as one roomstat would feed back and open all the other valves. But there's obviously a way round that, I assume double-pole roomstat, one pole to its valve, the other commoned up with the others
The room stats don't send the call for heat to the boiler, they operate the motor on the valve unit. When it fully opens, contacts in there send the call for heat to the boiler and turn it on.

I'm sure it would be legal, it's on the water side. I've never had a bypass valve and I'm just a DIY-er, but I'd be surprised if it's hard to set one up. Maybe experts on here can comment, and say if there's anything you need to bear in mind when selecting a valve.
Sorry fixitflav, didn't realise you were just a diy'er like me. Yeah, hopefully some of the pro's will chime in shortly (y)

Sponsored Links
according to your diagram there is no route back to the boiler with the motorised valves closed, how are you bleeding the system with only the return leg able to be pressurized? I would suggest that you turn the boiler off and set all the thermostats to heat and then bleed the system.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
according to your diagram there is no route back to the boiler with the motorised valves closed, how are you bleeding the system with only the return leg able to be pressurized? I would suggest that you turn the boiler off and set all the thermostats to heat and then bleed the system.
I've been pinning the valves open before I attempt to bleed the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back