Am I in trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wired my conservatory up in the following way.
One fused spur (13A) from the ring main with 3 Sockets and a second fused spur from another socket from the ring main with 2 power sockets, but with each of these 2 new sockets supplying a Fused spur (3A) for the lighting in the conservatory.
Having read somewhere that you are only allowed 2 extra sockets on a (unfused) spur or one fixed power point, is this also true for fused spurs.

Cheers Victor

Sponsored Links
No, you are allowed as many sockets as you want on a fused spur, as the fuse will give overload protection to the cable, you will however be limited to 13A on each chain of spurs, but as long as you don't plan on using heavy loads, you'll probably never blow the fuse

sounds OK. but as already mentioned youll be limited to 13A per spur. you can have an unlimited number of sockets on the fused spur and unlimited fused spurs from the ring main

Thanks, I was hoping that that was the case. 6kW should be more than enough for my conservatory.

Cheers Victor

Sponsored Links
pdcelec said:
6kW, That is just over 26 amps!. How do plan running this on a 13A fused spur?.
victorvanderzel said:
I wired my conservatory up in the following way.
One fused spur (13A) from the ring main with 3 Sockets and a second fused spur from another socket from the ring main with 2 power sockets

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back