Am I OK to mount TV on a log cabin wall using this bracket?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a shed that looks like this:
shedouter.jpg

I want to wall mount a 14Kg LCD TV on the inside of it just to the left of the Window in the above picture. I was planning to use this bracket from Screwfix (fitting instructions are here).

What I'm worried about is that the shed walls are 60mm thick and the fixing screws that the bracket comes with are about 75mm long, so I need to use shorter ones. I was going to use either these 6x40mm or 6x50mm ones from Screwfix so that I don't have to go all the way through the shed wall. Do you think they and the wall take the load of the TV safely? I'd use appropriate sized pilot holes.

If it helps this is the inside of the shed where the TV will go, followed by a cross-section of one of the shed wall beams.

Thanks for reading!

inside.jpg

wallends.jpg

Sponsored Links
Look at it this way; if the log cabin walls can handle the frame holding the door (which is heavier and it moves) then the static load of a TV bracket will be no problem. Just make sure the screws bite nicely and you'll be fine.

Thanks Lucid,

I was pretty sure it would be OK but it's good to hear others think it should work too.(y)

does the vertical timber on the inside to the lhs go floor to ceiling ??
if so it will be fine iff not a picture floor to ceiling around the window please

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying big-all,
does the vertical timber on the inside to the lhs go floor to ceiling ??
No, that's part of a window frame - here's another picture from further away. What do you reckon?
cabinwallandwindow.jpg

my concern is a tv on a bracket will tend to "lever" against the wall
this means the top off the bracket will pull and the bottom will push into the wall
now it may be just fine or it may cause problems around the window frame??

if you push the second whole plank down quite hard near the window does it move much ??

my concern is a tv on a bracket will tend to "lever" against the wall
this means the top off the bracket will pull and the bottom will push into the wall
now it may be just fine or it may cause problems around the window frame??

if you push the second whole plank down quite hard near the window does it move much ??
Good question, I hadn't thought to try that! I went and leant on it and gave it a few really good shoves, it doesn't seem to flex at all. Looks like I can get away with it?

Done. All seems fine so far, thanks for your help:)
TVWorking.jpg

Now to tidy up the room and route the cables neatly...

Thanks for the update. It's good to see that the job went ahead and that all seems to have gone smoothly. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back