Am2 Test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am doing my Am2 again and there is an emergency light circuit which has a 2core and earth fp200 to the light from the switch. I have to install a 2 gang grid switch which has an emergency light test switch and a neon adjacent to one another. Wiring from board to switch is in sigle cores in trunking. Simple, I accept but with the stress of revision could someone please help me out with a simple diagram. Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If I remember correctly you just take a live from the board (I took mine from back of left hand 2 way switch) up to the key switch, through the key switch, then take FP from there upto fitting.
So you will have a neutral in a connector in back of box (I queried this and it was acceptable, well I passed anyway!).

a couple of tips which could help you with your am2 -

keep a few connector blocks in your tool box just in case you cut a mi cable or something too short.

check what size former they have already put in the conduit bender.

sounds daft but could mess you up.

Sponsored Links
Mine wasn't DP.
They supplied me with choc blocks, but note these will lose you marks!
Theres about 3 different ways of wiring the lighting, just think logically as your doing it.
The 'force on' landlords switch throws people, for some reason.

i dont think it was double pole either i know to take two pass wires to the force on switch from the intermediate. For the em light i proposed using the neutral from the bulkhead for the neon supply from the two way switch to common on the key switch, brown from fp to l1 and a link from l2 to live side of the neo

I Just done my AM2 a few weeks ago. What you wnat to do is take your feed to your common of the keyswitch and then from the L2 of your keyswitch to either terminal of the neon located beside it. Then from L1 of your keyswitch to your emergency light. Then take a neutral to the other terminal of your neon and then from that terminal to your emergency light, your key switch is definetly single pole because you must alternate between charge mode and test mode when you switch it. The neon is there to indicate that it is in test mode. Which centre are you doing your AM2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back