PLEASE HELP - AM2 tomorrow and the motor is baffling me

Sponsored Links
13 and 14 are the 4th pole on the contactor..

63 and 64 are on the clip on start button aux block ( has 4 terminals and a big green bit. )

Ok then so the connections for the motor will come from 96 and 95, sending the two browns into the junction box (I think that's what you meant) - is there another brown to come from somewhere?

I wish I could've afforded to go on the AM2 training course thing - never done a motor or MICC in work.

oh good grief man.. you have the diagram with all the numbers on it..
the contactor and switches etc are all numbered as per the drawing.. all you need to do is put the wires from whatever number they start at, to whatever number they finish at..

it's not rocket science..

Sponsored Links
Sorry that im not as experienced as you with this type of thing - i can see where the live and neutral come in, and how to get the circuit going around incorporating the seperate controllers, i just honestly can't see where to bring the motor connections out of it and to the motor.

I know it's not rocket science but it might as well be if you've been rewiring small houses and bungalows for 3 years and have never touched a motor in your life.

that wiring diagram doesn't show the motor or live connections to the contactor, just the controls.

this is the a contactor.. ( the correct type if the drawings you provided are right.. )

View media item 3115
the 3 phase in goes on the top 3 left hand terminals. ( marked 1,3 and 5 as well as L1,L2 and L3 )
13 and 14 are on the right hand side of the contactor, A1 and A2 are at the top.

this is an overload and will be attatched to the contactor..

View media item 3116
the motor is connected to the 3 terminals at the bottom ( marked 2, 4 and 6 ) the 4 terminals at the top are the 90's in the drawing..

Right ok that's the motor sorted for me then, cheers.

Anyone know how to wire a ringmain? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back