Ambulance Crew Under Attack By Mob

securespark said:
I know a family who do not work. They have 6 kids, 4 foreign hols pa, they both smoke, have all the luxury goods you can think of, Sky, PC's DVD's iPods etc.... both have 54 plate cars.

AND THEY MOAN THAT THE GOVT TREATS THEM BADLY!!!!!!!

Blimey, seeing as they must be some kind of crack-dealers I can see why they are treated badly ;)

I have trouble explaining the less beer/more mortgage philosophy to my friends. When I bought my place (at 21) they just thought I was being boring by not coming out on £100 nights out every weekend. 3 years on, still none of them have mortgages but at least they have done the maths and worked out that they can't have their cake AND p*ss all their money up the wall.

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
I know a family who do not work. They have 6 kids, 4 foreign hols pa, they both smoke, have all the luxury goods you can think of, Sky, PC's DVD's iPods etc.... both have 54 plate cars.

AND THEY MOAN THAT THE GOVT TREATS THEM BADLY!!!!!!!

you didn't type the punchline, they won the lottery! :)

The lottery of life --- They took the money which may have kept a war widow from dying in poverty !!
All hose scunthorpes in the nick, work the barstewards til they drop then some more .. You'll know it is right when the warders are not overweight seat polishers !! I want them coming out near broken, not fit and ready to do some more .... Believe me it would work .. Best deterrant ever !!
I'd make 'em wish their mother had never washed their clothes ... 7 yrs to a full turn around !!
;)

Lesson for Pip in number plates since September 2001 - I know you're more au fait with reg's that have NO prefix OR suffix, mate, but that's no excuse!!!! Miaow!! :LOL:

Sept 2001 - February 2002 = 51
March 2002 - August 2002 = 02
Sept 2002 - February 2003 = 52

Etc.....

So a 54 plate car is from Sept 2004 - February 2005.

When we get to March 2010, the reg will change to 10, and in September to 60.

Basically, the system has a neatness to it (mainly to do with numerical sequence - durr!) because the March reg always has the last two digits of the year it was reg'd, while the Sept reg is always 50 ahead of March (ie March 2044 is 44 while Sept 2044 is 94).

This system, however, will run out at the end of February 2050.

Any ideas for the next configuration?

LLL NN LL? IE, like the current system, but reversed? They did it before - ABC 123A became A123 ABC.

Don't say it should be A321 CBA or I'll get cross....!

Am I having, as my granny called it, "a funny five minutes"?

Pass the valium............Urrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh!

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Lesson for Pip in number plates since September 2001 - I know you're more au fait with reg's that have NO prefix OR suffix, mate, but that's no excuse!!!! Miaow!! :LOL:

Sept 2001 - February 2002 = 51
March 2002 - August 2002 = 02
Sept 2002 - February 2003 = 52

Etc.....

So a 54 plate car is from Sept 2004 - February 2005.

When we get to March 2010, the reg will change to 10, and in September to 60.

Basically, the system has a neatness to it (mainly to do with numerical sequence - durr!) because the March reg always has the last two digits of the year it was reg'd, while the Sept reg is always 50 ahead of March (ie March 2044 is 44 while Sept 2044 is 94).

This system, however, will run out at the end of February 2050.

LLL NN LL? IE, like the current system, but reversed? They did it before - ABC 123A became A123 ABC.

Don't say it should be A321 CBA or I'll get cross....!

Am I having, as my granny called it, "a funny five minutes"?

Pass the valium............Urrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh!

Hang on, off the top of me 'ead wiv a little formatting bungged in for the sake of InSecular - Sparkoda - Octaviana :-
_1502588_number_plates2_300.jpg

[code:1]Age Identifier:
Date Code
Sept 01-Feb 02 51
March 02-Aug 02 02
Sept 02-Feb 03 52
March 03-Aug 03 03
Sept 03-Feb 04 53
March 04-Aug 04 04
This pattern will continue until all combinations are used
[/code:1]

What we need is a set of rules for everyone to live by, we could call it 'The Rule' Anyone who breaks The Rule would then be punished in a manner that reflects the way in which The Rule is broken.

In order to make sure The Rule is abided by we need some people to keep watch over us, we could call them The Enforcers. The Enforcers protect the people who live by The Rule and catch those that Break The Rule and punish them.

Sounds good so far.

I seem to recall a similar concept called The Law, but that turned to crap thanks to these things called Political Correctness and Human Rights. Eventually the people that abided by the law were punished and those that broke it seemed to get away without punishement. Oh, it also cost the tax payer lots of money. ;)

securespark said:

Well, seeing as the oil will have run out long before, I would imagine that if we are driving private vehicles they will be electric (most likely with fuel cells) anyway!

But by then, perhaps we won't bother with numberplates... if there are enough safety features built-in to stop you running people over, speeding, committing any kind of crime, then there will probably be technology built into all the traffic control systems that reads a transponder in your car. Thus negating the need for numberplates. Without transponder you wouldn't be able to get past any barriers (of which there would probably be loads, like you get popping out of the road in Cambridge) so you couldn't really just disconnect it.

Either that or we'll all have flying cars by then. ;)

nstreet said:
What we need is a set of rules for everyone to live by, we could call it 'The Rule' Anyone who breaks The Rule would then be punished in a manner that reflects the way in which The Rule is broken.

In order to make sure The Rule is abided by we need some people to keep watch over us, we could call them The Enforcers. The Enforcers protect the people who live by The Rule and catch those that Break The Rule and punish them.

There was an episode of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" where they had such a thing. That annoying brat Wesley Crusher was on this planet, and trod on some flowers. Death was the only punishment the enforcers ever gave out, so he was sentenced to death for treading on flowers... Brilliant! :LOL:

I bet if he had killed someone, he would have received a three year prison sentence and be out in two, so that he could film some more episodes. Thats the political correctness bit getting in the way :LOL: .

AdamW said:
securespark said:

Well, seeing as the oil will have run out long before, I would imagine that if we are driving private vehicles they will be electric (most likely with fuel cells) anyway!

But by then, perhaps we won't bother with numberplates... if there are enough safety features built-in to stop you running people over, speeding, committing any kind of crime, then there will probably be technology built into all the traffic control systems that reads a transponder in your car. Thus negating the need for numberplates. Without transponder you wouldn't be able to get past any barriers (of which there would probably be loads, like you get popping out of the road in Cambridge) so you couldn't really just disconnect it.

Either that or we'll all have flying cars by then. ;)

Real use of technology could save lives on the road -- automatic speed limit enforcement via sat-nav and engine management system -- reduction in car theft -- I think road rage could be conquered via this method -- no real tailgating in speed limited areas --- all vehicles driven at limit would remain in formation, much less prospective queue jumping, end of driving at speed limit on bypass, to be overtaken by morons gaining a car length at the next lights !!
Routing of vehicles, variable speed limits, real time experimentation,
Traffic light timing ... proper traffic management !!

Oh, and subcontract the prison service to 3rd world countries where living costs are far less than here, let them earn handouts rather than be given -- I bet fewer would be looking for another sentence !!
P

Sponsored Links
Back