American Style Fridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just getting my beadies on some fridges gonna be putting one in me new kitchen couple of weeks, so far my choice is this beast

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...|14418622/Trail/searchtext>FRIDGE+FREEZER.htm

Says in reviews that you plumb it in, am I right this would be same as plumbing in a washing machine, cos this will be on other side to my sink so would I be able to bury a water pipe under the kitchen floor

Cheers

Lee

Sponsored Links
Yes, as long as you follow all the rules etc.,

Would it have to be a copper feed to one of those taps similar to what you screw a washing machine cold feed to? Or can it simply be that same kind of tube, dont even know what kind of fitting is on back of fridge?

Sponsored Links
But I will prob have to remove whatever tube is attached and replace it with one about 5 Meters long underneath the kitchen floor!

Is it as simple as that sounds?

Would be easier to simply extend the plumbing you are trying to connect to and leave the fridge well alone - it would almost certainly put pay to any warranty otherwise.

Some Samsung fridges are supplied with 1/4" (6mm) plastic tube, and if I recall correctly the length isin't far off 5 metres.
That is of course if they didn't change things and now supply a short length.
You could always purchase a connector and another length of pipe.
Can't recall what the fitting is like in the back of the fridge, may be possible to fit longer hose here, thus avoiding the connector.
There is, as has been mentioned, a tap connector, think(?) there is two for different sizes of thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back