Amtico

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Local company is laying Amtico flooring for me. Their contract worker sheeted the floor with 9mm ply and secured the sheet with 25mm ring nails. The joints have been screeded.

Laying the Amtico is half finished and I can see and feel the butt joints were the plywood sheets are joined. Where the Amtico has yet to be laid, latex covering is inadequate in that the plywood sheet edge is prominant.

I got the shop owner to come and check the sheeting of floor. He has done that but failed to react. In places small offcuts have been used for speed (in one place two pieces 7" square are filling a space 7"x14" instead of cutting the ply sheet to incorporate the gap- perhaphs i am overcritical in my observation). I have paid £1000 for the material with balance to be paid when job completed.

My question is, should I be able to tell where the ply joints are? By the way the laying of Amtico is good but preperation is another matter. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If you have alerted them of a potential problem, why not wait until the job is completed before you panic. It may be that your concerns are addressed.
If not then you are holding a balance which strengthens your bargaining position!!! ;)

Can you see the joints "photgraphing" through on the section that has been laid? If not and the same method has been employed then I guess you are fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back