An irritating mouse pointer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
that suddenly shoots up or down to each corner of the screen whilst I am in the middle of doing stuff. :evil:

If , for example I am playing solitare, as I lift a line of cards the pointer suddenly zips into top right/left of the screen carrying the cards with it. The more work I do with the mouse the more often it happens. :mad:

I have Vista Home basic. Any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
Not sure if it is your problem or not but I once had a virus that did that.

that suddenly shoots up or down to each corner of the screen whilst I am in the middle of doing stuff. :evil:

If , for example I am playing solitare, as I lift a line of cards the pointer suddenly zips into top right/left of the screen carrying the cards with it. The more work I do with the mouse the more often it happens. :mad:

I have Vista Home basic. Any ideas anyone?

Laptop ? Desktop ? Mouse ? touchpad ? Scroll ball ?

Yeah, sorry, a Desk top with a logitech infared two button and one scroll mouse. :oops:

Sponsored Links
If its wireless change the batts. If you use a mouse mat turn it over so its foam side up , does that stop it ?

Early indication of flat batts? Nice one. I will change them now.

Tried the mat suggestion but the little bleeder now slips all over the place. :rolleyes:

Cheers you cleva fella.

Nah, Didn't work. New batteries and it's just done it again. New mouse mat didn't work either. :confused: :confused:

Tried the mat suggestion but the little bleeder now slips all over the place.

LOL... It wasnt a permanent fix , it was just to see if the cursor still zipped off the screen

Have you tried a wired mouse to eliminate other faults?

Do you have any other wireless devices?

Does the wireless mouse have more than one channel option?

Igorian

1. No, but I will if I can find an old one.

2. Yes, the keyboard.

3. No

Try another mouse. If necessary buy another one - it's good to have a spare as they are all C&N these days, made down to a price, and never last long. Ditto the keyboard.

Fault remains - fault is in PC.

Fault goes - fault is in mouse

Sponsored Links
Back