Angle grinder nuts

Do you have a link to a retailer of those noseall? They look interesting. Do they work similar to those keyless chucks which only have one 'barrel' part?

i'm not sure how they work, but they rely on the spin from the grinder to tighten them.

they do clasp up when the wheel catches though.

i use a pair or adjustable grips to free them in this instance.

with regular or ordinary use, blade changes are easy - almost fun. :rolleyes: :LOL:

they ain't cheap either.

the one i have is over 11 years old. so old that the finger-grippy splines on the wheel edge are worn smooth and shiny. good investment but don't abuse it. ;)

Sponsored Links
when I buy my latest angle grinder (because they burn out about every 6months)

Why not buy a decent one that doesn't? It'd be cheaper in the long run... (unless you get them replaced under warranty all the time?).

plumbers pride themselves in not using the correct tool for the job.

Speak for yourself...

Bosch SDS Clik nuts are the future

Go for a bosch professional grinder next time, rarely have any problems with them

My secondhand Wolf grinder, which I used for about 15 years was only thrown out because the armature was burnt out and Wolf did not have any spares. My current 4 1/2" bosch is about 20 years old, no problems with the nuts locking up. My 9" AEG at least 20 years old, no problems with the nuts. What are you people doing?
Disc should be held by the friction of the backnut/front nut not by crushing the centre of the disc. If the disc has been allowed to spin and the nuts are smooth and polished, cover the mating surfaces with masking tape.
To remove a disc, as said put spanner in vise to hold shaft, or depress the button, put in pin spanner on front give pin spanner a sharp rap with a hammer (16 Oz? not sledge) in direction of disc rotation, spin nut of with fingers.
Frank

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back