ankle deep

Sponsored Links
I take it the floor's tiled? As said a power plunger to loosen and then lots of boiling hot water with detergents/cleaners may loosen enough out to alleviate the poor draining. Always worth a punt.

On my way to get a monument plunger, not the cheapest but hopefully do the job, yeah the floor is tiled.

Sponsored Links
well the plunger didn't work, that thing could suck a golf ball through a hose, filled the basin then ran the shower and when waiting for the shower to drain I let the water out and expected it to be slow also but it drained fine. Had a think last night and remembered that the trap to waste connection is a flexible could that have dropped/sagged and be causing it?

Had a think last night and remembered that the trap to waste connection is a flexible could that have dropped/sagged and be causing it?

Quite possibly. If it is also a corrugated type flexible, they do tend to do tend to slow the flow. The corrugations are also more inclined to collect debris and block.

Well I got it sorted, thanks for the replies and your patience with me, turns out that when I cut the cieling out the trap had turned when I was trying to pull it up through the hole in the tray and had kinked the flexy slightly, when I had good access the offending article has been removed and replaced with pipe, took a while but got there now where is my paint brush.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back