Anne Boleyn channel 5

OK this needs to stop.

Anne Boleyn the last time i checked wasn't black. And i have no issue per se this actress playing the part, but, and an important but, don't start calling people racist when they point out the difference in appearance when attempting to recreate the story (ie skin colour).

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/21/jodi...came-racist-backlash-to-anne-boleyn-14623078/

Thats unless its now ok for a white man to play Nelson Mandela or other iconic Black iconic figures, imagine the outrage, and imagine not once would those people be called racist for pointing it out.

Sorry i am all for a fair playing field i don't condone racism in any form BUT i also i don't condone the use of the term 'racist' to manipulate or silence voices of objection when it's perfectly fair to do so.

I wonder how long before the actress leading in TV series will be taken as historical 'Fact' rather than an inaccuracy? Particularly with the reduction in History (Humanities) teaching in schools nowadays.

Sponsored Links
Yes, it goes way over the top. Only rarely do they show normal, both white couples/all white families in the ads..
They show them all the time. And in dramas etc.

The problem is that some people are so filled with hate and fear that any example which is not the comforting "both white couples/all white families" which they so wish was all there was, is all they focus on, and it sends their "mind" into a bubbling froth of bigotry.

Yes, it goes way over the top. Only rarely do they show normal, both white couples/all white families in the ads.. Likewise some programs seem to be presented with mostly gay couples. I may be an exception, but I don't know of one single gay couple in real life. It's as if diversity is being forced upon us by TV entertainment

What colour is this "normal" TV family?

upload_2021-5-24_10-54-39.png

Sponsored Links
Its normal colour.

And very rare.

Despite being normal

This, OTOH is abnormal colour.

And its virtually all they show these days.

Despite being abnormal.

upload_2021-5-24_11-11-33.jpeg

Surely you know how Harrys "mind" "works"?

I see no problem, they are actors after all, portraying someone they are not. You can have a black person playing a white person, or vice versa, a man can play a woman and vice versa, an able bodied person could play a disabled person, but possibly not the other way round.

Indeed but this is my point as i initially posted, it all started off ok, that's fine the actress got the part on merit not on appearance to appear politically correct or other. I have no issue with that per se, but my point was i highly doubt any white person could do the same in reverse, imagine the outcry 'he's not black!!', but without a single reply of accusing them of racism.

They show them all the time. And in dramas etc.

The problem is that some people are so filled with hate and fear that any example which is not the comforting "both white couples/all white families" which they so wish was all there was, is all they focus on, and it sends their "mind" into a bubbling froth of bigotry.

No, it is way over the top, way out of proportion with normal life in the UK. Every other couple is shown as a mixed couple on TV, that is way, way over the top of true proportions. In real life I so rarely see a mixed couple.

Indeed but this is my point as i initially posted, it all started off ok, that's fine the actress got the part on merit not on appearance to appear politically correct or other. I have no issue with that per se, but my point was i highly doubt any white person could do the same in reverse, imagine the outcry 'he's not black!!', but without a single reply of accusing them of racism.
It happens once, that a black actor plays a (possibly) white person, and festive (and others) start complaining.
Where were they when white actors had to make-up to play black personalities, and not a word of protest from the usual culprits.

normal life in the UK.
You appear to have prescriptive idea of what normal life in UK is.

In November 2016, when Harry and Meghan first went public as a couple, Kensington Palace issued a statement that addressed the media’s treatment of Meghan head-on, calling out “the racial undertones of comment pieces and the outright sexism and racism of social media trolls and web article comments”.​
5e18a6052500009729990644.jpeg

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...tionships-britain_uk_5e173393c5b600960c612ddf

It's curious that those who are so adamant that we should learn by history and the evil past of the Caucasians, are the ones who are doing their utmost to change history.

Sponsored Links
Back