Annual Service

Sponsored Links
I do go out to service Isars and Icos boilers, unfortunately I fitted about 100 before all the carp design and parts problems became apparent.

I also get my name given out by Ideal customer services if a customer asks them who is in my area to service their boilers.

I have asked them to stop that though.

Just because the customer has a problem boiler that I hate now, does not mean I leave them without any servicing. My customers are always right and I try to always help them, something that Ideal as a company could learn from :rolleyes:

Any fault that will end up with me charging the customer more than £200 (which to be honest is nearly all of them), I recommend them to call out Ideal under a fixed price call and I do not charge them anything.

There is also a major problem with Ideal supplying parts, well at least the correct ones that are ordered :rolleyes:

I also had my name given to a customer by Ideal recently.

I am not sure why that happens but I am perfectly happy with that.

I think the manufacturers would provide a much better service to their customers by listing service engineers on their web sites who are competent with their products. Apart from Viessmann I dont know of any other manufacturers who do that.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I do go out to service Isars and Icos boilers, unfortunately I fitted about 100 before all the carp design and parts problems became apparent.

I also get my name given out by Ideal customer services if a customer asks them who is in my area to service their boilers.

I have asked them to stop that though.

Just because the customer has a problem boiler that I hate now, does not mean I leave them without any servicing. My customers are always right and I try to always help them, something that Ideal as a company could learn from :rolleyes:

Any fault that will end up with me charging the customer more than £200 (which to be honest is nearly all of them), I recommend them to call out Ideal under a fixed price call and I do not charge them anything.

There is also a major problem with Ideal supplying parts, well at least the correct ones that are ordered :rolleyes:

as i've said before why not get to know the ideal/warmsure engineers close by

I was referring to service engineers.

The Vaillant site promotes their own service team and refers to the utility companies with schemes.

It lists installers of their boilers but does not promote these as able to do service or repairs.

Tony

Most of the salaried service engineers seem to want to be anonomous and dont present a visiting card on arrival.

They just call themself "BG Engineer", Ideal Engineer" etc. and some refuse to give their name if asked.

That always seems very odd to me! As if their have no confidence in their abilities and dont want to be refered to if they have not fixed something.

Tony

Agile you dont half talk sh#te sometimes BG guys have there names on there shirts (so what do they do stand there with there hand over there left t#t) and printed documentation used to have it and think it still does

Back to op.
It is really easy to find exactly what needs doing at a service, most boilers have a "service and installation" manual, which is entirely different from the user manual, and describes in detail what should be done. Most modern boilers half an hour to an hour.
It is compulsory to leave this manual with the user after installation.
If yo don't have it, ideal should send you one upon request, or you may be able to download it.
I do my best to avoid working on ideal boilers installed after 2000 as they are, in my opinion, not only very poor products, it is also one of the brands that is very popular with cowboys.
I find it a bit difficult to explain to customers why they need 500 pounds worth of repair and alterations on their almost new boiler.

I have their numbers in my mobile, but the turnover of staff seems so high I doubt they still work for Ideal.

The only real point of contact I have is the sales rep and the area service manager.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back