Another 1930's no felt roof question

There is waterproof PVA, but the general stuff just reconstitutes itself when wet, and fails, that's why stabiliser is better.

Sponsored Links
hi swebb and doggit, thanks for the comments. i shall research stabilizer vs pva and propbably do something similar. the roof timbers go back to 1810 in one half of the house and the older part 1700s has been reroofed but a good whileback, 60s or 70s and is felted, so ok. the 1810 part is what is concerning me, i have cleared out the loft of old insulation and dust and mortar and flies etc...and getting ready to redo the ridge tiles and get it waterproof and then decide what to do with the mortar inside under the tiles, staff blues is what they are

Hi Swebb, how is it going with your roof? How was the pva trick after 5 years so far? How did you eventually repaired the roof? Its very interesting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back