Another Ceiling plastering quesiton.

Job's all done and painted. Have to say I'm very pleased with the results. Not as good as a PRO job, there's a couple of glitches here and there. Maybe one day I'll fix it but probably not worth the bother.

Good tip to anyone having a go is to remember that it takes MUCH longer to get the plaster up on the ceiling than it does on a wall. I managed to do this 3.4m by 7m room in 3 goes. Blending the joins was a pig because I had to do the three sessions on subsequent days due to "other stuff going on" - I'm going to have to learn that particular skill.
Even with making sure I stopped halfway to to a quick smoothover of the part I'd put on, I ended up with some small scratches in the surface in places.
After a good seal with PVA & Water and a SILK paint coat, the imperfections were VERY aparant, especially in sunlight. I then went over the whole lot with a MATT finish and now the ceiling looks almost perfect.

Dead chuffed for a first attempt!

Sponsored Links
Job's all done and painted. Have to say I'm very pleased with the results. Not as good as a PRO job, there's a couple of glitches here and there. Maybe one day I'll fix it but probably not worth the bother.

Good tip to anyone having a go is to remember that it takes MUCH longer to get the plaster up on the ceiling than it does on a wall. I managed to do this 3.4m by 7m room in 3 goes. Blending the joins was a pig because I had to do the three sessions on subsequent days due to "other stuff going on" - I'm going to have to learn that particular skill.
Even with making sure I stopped halfway to to a quick smoothover of the part I'd put on, I ended up with some small scratches in the surface in places.
After a good seal with PVA & Water and a SILK paint coat, the imperfections were VERY aparant, especially in sunlight. I then went over the whole lot with a MATT finish and now the ceiling looks almost perfect.

glad you are pleased with what you have done if you want to get rid of any imperfections use a bit of easyfill it will only take a couple of minutes :)

Please don’t say you PVA’d the ceiling before you painted it? :cry:

Sponsored Links

Please don’t say you PVA’d the ceiling before you painted it? :cry:

I'm in tears too Rich' after reading that. :cry:
I'd also have put on a couple of coats of "matt first",,, and then the silk.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back