Another deck thread... but different because it's ground level between 4 walls with hot tub

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure this has been posted but after searching through all the archives i'm still a little unsure.

I'm building a ground level deck 3x6m in a yard surrounded by 4 brick walls, the ground is currently just mud and clay soil under that. I'm just a little unsure of the footings, mainly because of the walls and the weight of the hot tub that will be going on it.

The two options i'm considering are:

Just rest it on the ground but I figured this would be difficult to level and rot a lot quicker.

Or joists spanning the 3m length, have ledger board on each side with a central support for all joists consisting of a wooden post resting on either a poured concrete footing, or breeze block.

I'd really appreciate your opinions on either option.

Sponsored Links
There are plastic screw type jacks. Could you place paving slabs then jacks to support the rails?
Adjust to get the fall

Any moisture should be below the wood

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back