Another diversity consequence

I feel so sorry for the people with this in their back garden. But it does appear that the doasyoulikies own the land. Obviously that doesn’t meant they have a right to build on it. But they do have a right to occupy it.

Sponsored Links
Brother works in trading standards. Large part of his case load is 'travellers' who systematically fleece the elderly and other vulnerable people for big sums for 'tree work' and pretending to fix their roofs. £6000 or more from an 85 year old for replacing a roof tile that didn't need replacing is their bread and butter. He takes great delight in prosecuting them, and after years of dealing with them any shred of starry-eyed pc bs from the council's diversity training has been replaced by hard realities.

I'm tempted to express surprise that your brother is allowed by his managers to pursue such people, and not told quietly to "lay off" in order to benefit the "bigger picture" of diversity and inclusion. Bigger even, perhaps, than the protection of old folks from lawless and scruple-free ripoff merchants. There is, after all, precedent for the application of similarly skewed priorities in places like Rochdale. Good on him for continuing his dogged pursuit of such appalling individuals.

There is, after all, precedent for the application of similarly skewed priorities in places like Rochdale.

Yes, one of those numerous constituencies where there are mysteriously high numbers of postal votes, the sorts of people who don't care about democracy, and likely vote harvesting going on, that just happens to benefit the Labour party every time...

Until of course a more extreme alternative comes along who is more to the liking of the vote collectors.

It is a shame that the Labour Party decided to get into bed with totally incompatible elements and screw over the country in the process for their own political gain. I think they'll come to regret it sooner than they might think.

Sponsored Links
It is a shame that the Labour Party decided to get into bed with totally incompatible elements and screw over the country in the process for their own political gain. I think they'll come to regret it sooner than they might think.
Little of your posts surprise me. You are typical of your type.

But you do know Labour are not in power, and haven't been for quite a while. Enough for you to be able to notice, surely

I'm tempted to express surprise that your brother is allowed by his managers to pursue such people, and not told quietly to "lay off" in order to benefit the "bigger picture" of diversity and inclusion. Bigger even, perhaps, than the protection of old folks from lawless and scruple-free ripoff merchants. There is, after all, precedent for the application of similarly skewed priorities in places like Rochdale. Good on him for continuing his dogged pursuit of such appalling individuals.

Luckily the managers are winding down to retirement and more or less give him free rein, within reason. Not all cases get to court. Sometimes the threat of prosecution is enough for one of them to return the money they have fleeced from some poor unfortunate. This happens more than you would think, but unfortunately vast majority of cases are never reported. Victims are often too embarrased.

Surprisingly, the police will get involved for the worst offenders and he knows the right senior plod to approach for assistance. Brother has sometimes been to travellers sites with police assistance to arrest and take them into custody. Not everyone ignores the crimes of 'protected groups' - it's down to the willingness of individuals in police, local authorities, etc and how proactive they are.

As he's my sibling, unsurprisingly he's not very pc. ;);)

Last edited:
Back