Another Essex restaurant goes under!

Sponsored Links
I know you're local to me, Noseall, and you're probably already aware of the place, but I would highly recommend The Swan with Two Necks at Longdon.

Their homemade steak pie is superb, and my boys order little else (although first-born reckons the lamb shank is spectacular too).
Been there loads. Up the road from me. (y)

Last edited:
I know you're local to me, Noseall, and you're probably already aware of the place, but I would highly recommend The Swan with Two Necks at Longdon.

Their homemade steak pie is superb, and my boys order little else (although first-born reckons the lamb shank is spectacular too).
Always been suspicious of lamb shanks since I was testing a pub in the Lakes, someone ordered them and the landlord said I will check with chef and see if he has any ready, he came in the kitchen and stood around for a few minutes then went back out to announce the good news, there was a box of vacuum packed shanks the shelf, no need for refrigeration even, I think Bookers sell them.

Sponsored Links
I really like those chav steak houses that sell steak & chips for £15+ & then serve them smothered in melted cheese or peppercorn sauce. Quite often they don't even have the decency to use real cheese . . . . .

The real reason why they smother them in cheese is 'cos they dare not let you witness the naked meat. These steaks are from the skankiest of the feral beasts that graze on the poisoned plains of South America.

Do they taste nice to you??? That will be all the additives & flavourings in the cheese & sauce.

The real reason why they smother them in cheese is 'cos they dare not let you witness the naked meat. These steaks are from the skankiest of the feral beasts that graze on the poisoned plains of South America.

The real reason they offer sauces is the huge mark-up they make on them.

I think the Surrey version is called harvester.

I miss them in Cornwall. The 'free' trip to the salad bar, bit of lettuce, diced beetroot, croutons, diced toasted bread, bacon flavoured bits, all smothered with a dressing from a thousand different islands.

I miss them in Cornwall. The 'free' trip to the salad bar, bit of lettuce, diced beetroot, croutons, diced toasted bread, bacon flavoured bits, all smothered with a dressing from a thousand different islands.
I'm sure at one time you were only allowed one visit to the salad bar or perhaps that somewhere else that I used to go. Anyway, I used to like building the sliced cucumber up around the edge of the salad bowl like greedy boards in a skip to increase the amount it could hold. ;)

I'm sure at one time you were only allowed one visit to the salad bar or perhaps that somewhere else that I used to go. Anyway, I used to like building the sliced cucumber up around the edge of the salad bowl like greedy boards in a skip to increase the amount it could hold. ;)

Some customers told me of a friend of theirs, they referred to him as 'Onslow', anyway, at a sunday carvery, he would get the meat, then fill the whole plate, then spread a layer of mashed potato across the top and then build a second storey on top of the mash.

I was a student when Pizza Hut introduced the buffet. We would not eat the day before and then see who could eat the most. My record was 23 slices. I was not the winner. After a few weeks they introduced a time limit of 1 hour on "students".

No wonder you're 17st :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back