Another nest 3rd gen installation- sorry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Literally on the brink of divorce I have spent so much time in the cupboard this weekend.

System is y plan, boiler is a potterton netaheat with a live & switched live.

This diagram best shows my set up now.

On the nest

L - main live
N- main neutral
1-
2-jumper from main live
3- 5 (white)
4- 7 (blue/grey)
5- jumper from 2
6- 6 c on cylinder stat

The instructions on the nest conflict this y plan diagram so as it stands I have only had combinations working but not 2 independent controls.

For example

hot water/no heating
Heating/no hot water
Hot water only with heating.

Can someone please tell me how to wire the diagram here to the nest properly.

Sorry for the repetitive thread!

Attachments

• IMG_2569.JPG
    IMG_2569.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 154
Sponsored Links
he instructions on the nest conflict this y plan diagram

Follow the nest instructions.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sponsored Links
depends on what model of netaheat but most had pump wired directly to the boiler, if not wire the pump live to the boiler switched live.

Providing the connections to the cly stat really are correct, remember the boiler L shown on the diagram is SL to your boiler.

It always amuses me to see someone connecting a state of the art control like the opentherm Nest Mk III onto an old and very inefficient boiler like a Netaheat !

The Netaheat is so old that it was included in the boiler scrappage scheme the Government offered a few years ago!

It always amuses me to see someone connecting a state of the art control like the opentherm Nest Mk III onto an old and very inefficient boiler like a Netaheat !

The Netaheat is so old that it was included in the boiler scrappage scheme the Government offered a few years ago!

Yes, but, people that have these boilers might be old themselves.
So what is the point of replacing the boiler if they are not going to benefit from the change
So...... New programmer gives instant saving without costing thousands
Be warned, no price quoting

That's true.

But the OP here seems to be part of a married couple and not obviously old.

Even old people can replace a boiler to benefit the country by reducing greenhouse gases.

As well as increasing the value of the property for their heirs!

That's true.

But the OP here seems to be part of a married couple and not obviously old.

Even old people can replace a boiler to benefit the country by reducing greenhouse gases.

As well as increasing the value of the property for their heirs!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Stop it please!!!!!
More and more drivel when backed into a corner...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We've got one lady in particular who is constantly cranking her heating up and down and confusing herself.

Her children are a bit worried, understandably, and are negotiating with a neighbour to house and rfg100.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back