Another Radiator Leak Post.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's a small leak low on the radiator.

First option:
Checked posts on here and mentioned that radweld and other products are just temporary. The posts are old so.. Is that still the case or are there new products about that could do a permanent fix?
Just checking as this is the second radiator I'll have to fit/get fitted.

Second option:
The car is a 54 plate Micra with a cr12de engine (no air con.)
I have checked the Haynes Manual on fitting and looks more complex than I thought.
Haynes tells me to take the front wheels off, wheel arch covers, bumper etc..
Anyone know if can do this by just lifting the rad. out the top?

I live out in the country and miles away from nearest garage, so once started it would be a tow job if I f**k this up.

Sponsored Links
Stand by for some turbocharged cursing.....:eek:
Alas, unlike the K11 which was a bit more user friendly, the K12 needs the bumper to come off.....it shares a similar front end to the Renault Modus, in this respect.
So, the bolts for the lower half of the bumper are behind the wheel arch liners, hence the need to shift the front wheels first. Not a particularly bad job(until you drop the bumper and scratch it) but a right PITA for what you need to do.
The lower rad tank tends to corrode courtesy of our salted roads - a spray of the clear waxoyl may help the replacement. Personally I can't recommend stuff like Radweld I'm afraid.....unless you are selling the vehicle of course :whistle:
John :)

You could try some k seal, its a very good product that does work. No harm in trying it on an older car you dont really want to spend a fortune on.

Sponsored Links
OK.. got job done. The old radiator had only been in for 3 or 4 years so I'll get the wax on it! it's the 3rd. rad so far!

Back