Another Spanish quarantine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
It’s started already - the arguing about the timing of the quarantine. When 5 hours notice was given for quarantine from Spain you had the screams of "it’s not enough time to get home". Looking at the telly at the moment it’s now "Why not straight away, why give them until 4am on Saturday". Sometimes the Govt. just can’t win, can they?

Oh well, that's my September sorted - not leaving the country and going on holiday (I hope).
I’ve had one booked since January for October and really don’t want to go. Motorcycle fly/ride tour in Spain. Don’t want to sit near to people on a plane, don’t want to share a room with a mate who's partner has been out and about at all times ignoring social distancing and I don’t want to spend different nights in hotel rooms that have not been deep cleaned and I don’t know who has been in the bed and using the bathroom less than a day before I’m in it.

Also, got a family 30th birthday holiday in Center Parcs, four chalets between us but the DIL's mother came back from Spain recently and is not fully quarantining like they should be (had private Covid test and came back negative) plus she has not really been observing lockdown from the start. Don’t want to go on that either.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Told ya! So much for those 'responsible Europeans'. :rolleyes:
There's plenty of irresponsible behaviour about.
Apparently, the majority of irresponsible behaviour is young people who are more likely to be asymptomatic, or less affected by Covid 19.
That would also explain the high number of cases but low number of deaths and/or hospital admissions.

There's plenty of irresponsible behaviour about.
Apparently, the majority of irresponsible behaviour is young people who are more likely to be asymptomatic, or less affected by Covid 19.
That would also explain the high number of cases but low number of deaths and/or hospital admissions.
Correct. As I said in a now locked thread; "I’m not saying what the cause is, it’s just my theory as I said but if my theory is true, yes, it could be youthful irresponsibility especially of those youths live in a multi generation household. When they lifted restrictions in any country and the rate started to rise again, it wasn’t because of OAP's flocking to the beaches, bars and nightclubs".

and I don’t want to spend different nights in hotel rooms that have not been deep cleaned and I don’t know who has been in the bed and using the bathroom less than a day before I’m in it.

The building I live in has a bookable guest suite which has been closed since lockdown began. It can open again now but there must be a 4 day gap between guests - 2 days quarantine after a guest departs before the manager can go in to clean and change the beds and 2 days quarantine after the manager finishes cleaning before the next guest can enter.

It’s started already - the arguing about the timing of the quarantine. When 5 hours notice was given for quarantine from Spain you had the screams of "it’s not enough time to get home". Looking at the telly at the moment it’s now "Why not straight away, why give them until 4am on Saturday". Sometimes the Govt. just can’t win, can they?
I think people who go on holiday during this period must accept there is a risk the rules will change during their holiday.

If people choose to go, I applaud them, they are helping the economy, thats great -but they cant moan if quarantine is suddenly enforced.

Im not sure if imposing restrictions on European destinations has any hidden political agenda, it could have -seems right up Cummings alley.

The building I live in has a bookable guest suite which has been closed since lockdown began. It can open again now but there must be a 4 day gap between guests - 2 days quarantine after a guest departs before the manager can go in to clean and change the beds and 2 days quarantine after the manager finishes cleaning before the next guest can enter.
I guess that is pretty risk adverse -if virus survives for max 72 hours, by the 4th day there should be insufficient live virus on surfaces to promote infection, even with zero cleaning.

In hospitals, radiography scan areas are given a deep clean and allowed 20 mins before the next patient....but then that would be following strict infection control procedures.

Not many precautions going on out here in Greece. The locals say it’s just a flu. And they think everyone in th U.K. was ill because they went to hospital instead of staying at home in bed.

I do recall, during one of my forays into past comments, seeing an absolute torrent of horrific swear words from you, around about August 2017, if I recall.

Of course, if we were sad enough to trawl through your old posts (what excitement that would be!), we wouldn't find much. Certainly not going back to 2017.

How many bans is it now, Himmy? Third time lucky. Or number four?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Not many precautions going on out here in Greece. The locals say it’s just a flu. And they think everyone in th U.K. was ill because they went to hospital instead of staying at home in bed.
Beware Brits bearing gifts :)

Just to clarify, it wasn't and isn't your persistent and continuous abuse that causes me dissatisfaction with this site.
Although, sadly it does indicate that this site has some posters that are particularly unfriendly and abusive.
It was the use of an abhorrent and overt racist term used by ReganAndCarter, that the mods allowed to remain, that causes me the greatest dissatisfaction with the site.

Ah, diddums!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back